Nice to be home....

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by FirstPointEric, Jul 12, 2012.

1. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Hey All-

I'm back in California and, until today, hadn't even thought about surfing. It was shin high for three days and I was getting depressed. But today I saw a nice, clean waist+ pulse lazily rolling down First Point and immediately loaded gear and jumped in the car to head north. Timing is everything.

It was kinda grey with very light texture on the waves. Certainly not glassy and perfect, but clean and for the first couple hours, there were only about 10 people at the top of First. :) Immediately ran into a bunch of old friends--and made a couple new ones--in the water and there was a great vibe. Enough waves to go around.

The biggest sets--every half hour or so--were about shoulder high and many of those were shared, in a totally aloha way. Lulls weren't too bad and there were lots of waist-high sliders to keep everyone happy. Zipping down the line mid-ship on the 11'0" made me think about Terry. His passing still bums me out, but the rides that thing gave me today made me smile widely when I thought about him.

I've missed Malibu. It's been almost a year and for all its faults, it's a very special break. Now I'm going to swim with my kids and have a rare date night with my wonderful wife.

:dude:

Life's good.

Eric

PS: Late potential JB meet up: I'm going to try to go again mid-morning (9-10am) tomorrow. I'll either be on the amber triple stringer TMartin or my other 11'er. Say hey if ya see me.

2. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    Clearly you have mistaken us,collectively for people who give a flying fuck about what you are doing.
    You are a first class douchebag and one of a handfull that is destroying what this great forum once was.

I don't know you personally, but I hate you and hate is a strong word for me that I reserve for few people and things.

You are a class one jerkoff. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

I know I'm not the only one here that thinks that. Perhaps the only one with the stones to state it openly.

Jerkoff

3. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Wow. Peak. Don't know why I even bothered to read your post (a foolhardy thought that perhaps even Peak had changed? Nope. So pathetic and confirms that you must be either a clinically disturbed or a deeply sad person.

But at least you signed your post right. Goodbye, Peak.

Eric

4. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Eric, glad you're having a good visit.

Peak, I've noticed you have been grumpy lately. I hope things get better, you catch some waves, and from what it really sounds like you need, get laid.

5. GETWET

GETWET Member

Aug 14, 2008
    oahu
    glad to have you back home and getting waves !

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I have no idea what the back story is on the Peak/Eric friction. Seems like it's one sided. Peak is so over the top that his rants must be contrived.
    And Eric, thanks to him I've dropped about a grand and driven about a thousand miles in pursuit of craigslist finds that he has posted.
    Way to go dude.;)

7. JP

JP Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA California
    Glad you had a good day back in your spot, always good to read when someone has a good session! May need to use the ignore more.

8. RATZAX

RATZAX Member

Jun 7, 2010
    PEAKMASTER...grow a d!ck. Stop being an internet bully and be a man!

Eric you have to be one of the most respected members on this forum!

Peakmaster is just an a-hole. He should be barred from the forum!

9. ted

ted Member

Aug 25, 2008
    USA California
    PeakMaster wrote:
    Hey Peak,
    I thought this forum was about "Stoke" which Eric has. What was this forum like in the early days?
    I think it's a great forum

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I thank Eric for the tips as my quiver is complete for now and my wallet is empty.