new rides in 2019 list..

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    I'm lusting for a used 11' Mabile or a new 11' Andriene rehab glider.

sonOsea likes this.
  2. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    I appreciate it. I am in the hunt right now. Moving to the midwest this fall, so only fly in surf trips for me. Stoked to get back in to the abundance of awesomeness there is to do there though. I dream about surfing whenever I close my eyes still, even if I don't do get in the water much anymore.

Dawnpatrol likes this.
  3. deemce

deemce Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    [QUOTE="SeniorGrom, post: Maybe just churning through surfboards is the real fun factor?[/QUOTE]

Is this a bad thing? ( I sure hope not!)

4. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County
    Valid point; I do the "purchase, ride, determine fun factor, sell" thing far more often than I'd care to admit, and far more often than I'd like to break the numbers down on. After 100 or so boards in the past two years (!!!), I landed on three that I know work for me in everything I want to surf, and am now getting rid of a few of the other 9 boards I have that haven't proven to fit what I ride, how I ride or the waves that I have easily available.

There is definitely an element of "buyer's high" that plays into it but I'm pretty happy I'm finally at a point with my quiver where I have a few boards I know will work in everything if I had to liquidate everything else tomorrow. Part of the fun and the disease, I suppose.

SeniorGrom and JMJackFish like this.
  5. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I find that having too many boards gives me the opportunity to say, "Ahh, jeez. Well, it wasn't that I kooked out. It was just that the conditions were so much better for my 8'6" Yada Yada instead of this way-too-long 8'7" Thingamajig. That's just way too much board for a day like today."

deemce and SeniorGrom like this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    1971 FJ 40 is still my favorite vehicle of those I have owned. I think I shared the excitement, because when they were little my kids would call out "Landcruiser!" every time they picked one out of a line-up at 200 yards.

SeniorGrom likes this.
  7. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Thanks. It seems the years of skating are taking their toll now....

I am booked in for a cheilectomy and partial tibial sesamoidectomy on my left big toe joint... feeling nervous TBH - lots of horror stories about how complicated foot surgery and recovery can be.

8. joepoko

joepoko Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    after my subaru has been splashed with acid destroying the paint, taken a hit to the passenger side from some ignorant bitch while getting quotes to repair the afforementioned damaged paint from said acid, and me rear ending some lady on the way to a concert followed by me bending my radiator frame back into shape and putting another 5,000 miles on it...

i think it's time for a new car.

9. respectthepeck

respectthepeck Member

Apr 10, 2004
    USA
    I got a 91 lc not sure if thats old enough, im buying a sprinter soon...back to the thread my new rides are an 11’ glider from brian wynn, a 9’8 two crows and a self shaped 6’2 twin keel that had been on “loan” for the past 6 years

10. sonOsea

sonOsea Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    USA
    Something with two fins.

aussie-surfer likes this.