new guy...no real clue right now

Discussion in 'Skate' started by layedout72, Apr 1, 2007.

1. skeeter

skeeter New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    USA Delaware
    ya know, fotoblowit gurl is full of it and doesn't know WTF she's skating/talking about most of the time. but maybe it's good to have her for dopey contrast. stuff the shill, ok? it's obnoxious.

2. photonicgirl

photonicgirl New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    USA New York
    Now now, there's just no need to be mean.

I do have a few boards, actually, a Lush Mako (very very sweet deck) with Randals and kryptonics. I started with a Sector 9 OG that doesn't even compare to any of my other boards. I paid a lot of money for the Lush deck, around 105 delivered so I feel that price is an issue. After adding the Randals, bearings, wheels and hardware, that puppy cost me closer to $200. It's definitely a great all around board, but again, it's not for everybody. I hear the Lush girls team rides Makos. Maybe it's a girl board?

I have a girl snowboard, a Solomon Ivy, and girl tele skis, K2 Instinx. My bikes are all men's, I have five of them.

Right now my fav boards are the Kracked and the Lush. Dregs is okay, just more of a regular no frills type board but I do like the kick tail on the Maggie. The Lush and the Kracked do not have kick tails, but they are by far funner boards, for me anyway. It's a trade off.

As for do anything I would definitely not take any of my boards to the skate park. I'm purely a cruiser, carver, not even a really fast downhiller. I have read reviews of the Gravity compared to the Kracked (silverfishlongboarding) but other than that I can't report on it. I'm sure it's a great board, as it gets great reviews, but I suspect it's also pricey.

My riding encompasses old country roads and Washington Park in Albany, which has large sticks rocks and leaves as well as gravel, water and assorted yellow trucks to dodge. That means the Flashbacks are a bit tough to work with, which is why I switched to Strikers. They roll much easier and I like them better than the Kryptos.

I build all my own boards, bikes and snowboards. I also do all repairs on these, in addition to repairs and tune ups on my husband's, daughter's and son's boards and bikes. I have all my own tools and am definitely not an expert on the wide world of skates, but I am fairly expert in what rides nice and how to make something ride better and when to stop trying to improve something because it can't be improved any further.

If you can hook this guy up with a Gravity for $115 delivered I'd say you are the man. Since I don't hear that happening, and instead you are kind of giving me a hard time, I'd say be kind to us girl skaters and just live and let live. I'll talk about what I like and you talk about what you like and everybody else can talk about what they like and everyone will end up with more than one board, which is the way it should be.

Peace,

Jules

3. John67

John67 New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Actually, Gravity offers a yardsale deal for complete boards for 100$ every couple of months.. They just finished their recent sale which included a 52 inch classic cruiser and a couple park boards.. so yea they do offer great prices for quality decks. And the majority of their complete setups fetch for around 140 bucks, which is pretty cheap for a great longboard setup..

4. photonicgirl

photonicgirl New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    USA New York
    Oh yeah, I forgot all about the yard sale. They do have some great deals, that might be the ticket then, as it's been suggested that big guys need big boards.

That's a real stoke from Gravity!

Jules