New Board

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Otter, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Otter

Otter New Member

May 17, 2007
    USA California
    [​IMG]

2. nicoprout

nicoprout New Member

May 22, 2007
    Australia
    oua minimun 10', 24",4" that's a beast for fatty:(

3. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Gee Otter,

Does it come with a graphite oar?????????????:p:p:p:p

DP

4. Otter

Otter New Member

May 17, 2007
    USA California
    No, no paddleboards for me thanks. I've been riding longboards most of my life, this is more for those larger days when the traditional nose rider doesn't really work to well. I'm not sure what the rocker is like, but I'd call it more of a big boy gun. Which is just what I'm looking for.

Don't plan on using it on a daily basis, that's for sure.

5. Dawnpatrol

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Otter,

I got a story for you and others here on the Forum. That board looks a little like one that Kit Horn was riding a few years ago with me at the Lane. I don't know if you and others recognize the name Kit Horn but let's say he goes back to the golden era of surfing in California. Kit and I were sitting out in Middle Peak at the Lane during a 6'+ swell. There were probably a dozen people around us and Kit and I were just BS'ing 'bout life. On occasion he'd just turn around and with a few paddles and drop in. The board that you pictured looked alot like the board he rode that day and it rode well but I think it was way to much board and shape for anything under a 15' swell.

Kit was in good shape and probably in his 70's. He would have ripped waves under 10' with a good soft rail 9'-10' longboard.

Otter, I don't know your weight, size, shape or age...........but I think the board you pic'ed is fine for folks who really need a paddle!

DP

6. mellowdays

mellowdays Member

May 5, 2007
    USA California
    Dawnpatrol wrote:
    DP, would that Board make a Nice Cowells Cruizer ?

7. slideright

slideright New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Does that come with a spring suits AND booties?

8. Dawnpatrol

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    mellowdays!

Damn buddy, I'll bet you and I must have shared a few waves in the past somewhere between HMB and Santa Cruz. Ya know when the jetty went in at HMB in 1957, my dad brought me to Cowell's. I think that board Otter pic'd would not hold a thread of cruize at Cowell's. Just give me my ole pop-out Duke Kahanomoku volan 9' 6" Sears Special (circa 1967) and I could cruize forever!

DP :D

9. pintail

pintail Member

Feb 19, 2004
    LA, California
    I saw one of those a couple of years ago at a shop. You need to be the size of a clydesdale to ride something that oversized, and the point at the tip will kill someone unlucky enough to be hit by it. It looks like an old school windsurfer template.

10. pierpont-scott

pierpont-scott New Member

May 11, 2006
    tell us it was on sale??? and the sales men who told you what you wanted to here!