Never Ridden Cooperfish FlexPig FS

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by DownSouthSlidah, Apr 17, 2012.

1. DownSouthSlidah

DownSouthSlidah Member

Oct 30, 2007
    9-7. $1200 OBO.

Seller is in Melbourne Beach, FL. Shipping is possible. Board train is possible. R&D truck is possible (My contact doesn't work there anymore but I can get in touch with them and find out when their next truck is going norte). Seller is a good guy with excellent taste in boards. Lots of peeps have here have bought boards from him, including me.

Board has been waxed but has never touched water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    That is a beautiful board. Hopefully I will have one a few inches longer for my first pig some day. Good luck with the sale. Someone is going to be incredibly stoked.

Is the one in the background the one for sale on Swaylocks?

3. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    SFS, don't let the length scare you on a Flexpig. 85% of my time I'm riding something 10.4 or longer. I bought the original 9.7 from Gene at the last pig roast. He told me it paddled well and I really didn't believe him (sorry Gene!) until I tried it out. It paddles incredibly well for me for it's length. I do understand that mine is a little thicker in the rails than subsequent boards. And he wouldn't make me one any longer anyway so there's that. Last time I had it out it was 50 air/50 water with cranking semi-offshores at 20-25 mph and shoulder high with pretty steep backside rights for me. I think that narrow nose helped and the weight definitely helped with the surface warbles. STOKED! I almost didn't take it out because it has no leash provision but since there were only 5 guys out, I decided to surf it and stay away from the 3 shortboards inside of me. Luckily the only time I lost it was paddling back out when I was trying to take a picture. And more luckily the only person anywhere near me snagged it or I would have been done for the day. Someday I'm going to make it out there and if I drive, you're welcome to ride it.

4. Wade In The Waves

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    I appreciate it Miles. Thank you for the advice. The timing right now just isn't there for me to snag this board. I'm heading back to visit some family in Nebraska in a couple weeks and pick up my Jeep, so I want to wait until I get back before making another board purchase. I'm not in a hurry. Patience is a virtue as they say. I finally got Cooperfish 004 out this week though, and let's just say I'm hooked on the Cooperfishes. My hat is off to Gene and his workmanship. Who knows Miles, maybe we'll make it down to Texas sometime.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

my buddy Tom once shot ALL the squirrels in the tree in the funereal lot.

6. Wade In The Waves

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    gnar gnar wrote:
    That's cool Gnar Gnar. I once killed, gutted, skinned, and cooked a rabbit. Most people would ask if it tasted like chicken. The reality was that it was more like Turkey. I look forward to the pigfest by the way. I haven't been to a pig roast since I deployed to the Phillipines a few years ago.

7. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    Definitely let me know if you come to the coast and we will snag some waves, beer and bbq.

and gnar....did he fry'm or grill'm?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

miles wrote:
    he got in trouble.

he fried em, as far as I can remember.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

he never rode it but he waxed it (did the bar run out before he got the tail) and stuck a plastic doohickey on it. what a shame

10. Guest

Guest Guest

:?

Attached files
    [​IMG]