Need some help on on vintage weber Performer

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Lycokayaker, May 28, 2018.

1. Gill

Gill Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Spring Lake Heights, NJ
    Regardless of the inlay, if you could score it less then 500 and your just looking for a rider- it seems like a good deal. Maybe it was just cover up the old slip check

It's in NJ so you could ask the seller to see it in person before spending too much

2. ThinTheHerd

ThinTheHerd New Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Ocean City NJ
    Listen - If you're not gonna hang it on a wall (and it doesn't look like a wall hanger) then I agree with picking it up for less than $500. Those boards flat out ride. I have a 8'8" Weber Performer that I ride every now and then and in old longboard contests and it's butter. Mine's a beater I got off ebay for $300 20 years ago. I had to do some work on it but it had the original hatchet fin and I just wanted a rider. I say get it. Who cares if the fabric inlay is original.

3. Cbowbo

Cbowbo New Member

Nov 18, 2016
    South Jersey
    Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes for this board. Went to look at it the other week to see the condition and paisley inlays with intentions of bidding and the owner asked me to make an offer right then and there. Got the board for $500 cash.

Owner purchased it brand new at a shop in N. Jersey and had the shop put the inlay on. It's textured like slipcheck . He was still using it, in Cape May, up to last year. Bottom is cleaner then the deck. Also has original wonder bolt fin but he drilled it for a leash.

Attached Files:

Chilly Willy and shadydave like this.
  4. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Nice!!

5. Gill

Gill Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Spring Lake Heights, NJ
    Excellent find and story!