Need some help on on vintage weber Performer

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Lycokayaker, May 28, 2018.

1. Lycokayaker

Lycokayaker Member

Sep 21, 2017
    NJ
    Hey Gang

I missed out on a weber performer awhile ago and stumbled on this guy.... Whats your take on the inlay did someone do this after the board was made or did they make a few like this. Whats it realistically worth. Trying to grab it from them off ebay at the moment but don't know whats a realistic price. Any help would be appreciated!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253654320906?ViewItem=&item=253654320906

SeniorGrom likes this.
  2. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    Pinline around inlay looks bright white. A little too bright. Don’t know about fabric.

3. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I agree. Fabric looks like it was added later. The WeberPerforrmer lam/logo is the first version. Not a ‘70s board, definitely ‘66-‘67. The bottom of the board looks excellent though. Fin needs a closer look. Might be drilled for a leash. Is the hatchet fin original/glassed in/a WonderBolt? Try and get it for less than $500.

4. Basenji703

Basenji703 Active Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I agree that there is something off with that board and the inlays. The fin is a WonderBolt and looks legit. If the inlays are covering something, and my guess is that they are, that is a "danger" sign. It might be possible to take them off and regloss or pigment.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Active Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    The pinlnes are anything but factory. Straight sections, bubbles, definitely an add-on. The fabric is about right for the period, and could go either way. In the nose shot, it looks like you can see shading from a diagonal comp band type stripe.

Maybe someone covered a slip-check job? Or simply added the patches? Or simply repinlined? It would be pretty easy to tell in person but harder for me based on the photos. In any case, not uninteresting.

6. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Looks like a really nice rider to me. The off-eBay thing should be pretty doable, especially since he's local pickup only. Probably an obvious strategy, but I always offer closer to the top of my range to sweeten the deal a bit with something like that. Granted, he gets to avoid paying eBay fees and gets cash straight up, but he still has to deal with canceling the auction with 1 bid already in place. SG is right -- if you can keep it below $500, I think that'd be a nice little deal.

7. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
  8. Lycokayaker

Lycokayaker Member

Sep 21, 2017
    NJ
    yea i tried to snag it off ebay. They won't play said its a live auction good luck.... I will keep an eye on it!

9. Lycokayaker

Lycokayaker Member

Sep 21, 2017
    NJ
    wow that hanson is pretty sharp looking.... don't know anything about them have to do some digging are they your boards?

10. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    They are not my boards and Tony is a tough guy to deal with but... Hannon’s are so underrated it’s pathetic:eek:. All I was saying is there are plenty of vintage boards around, some at good prices and some at not so good prices.