Mystery Mini simmons?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Paul Sykes, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:36 PM.

1. Paul Sykes

Paul Sykes New Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Lake Worth, Fl
    Its a mystery to me anyway.. Picked up this 5'10 mini simmons down here in juno fl last year, had sticker on it from sunrise surf shop up coast from me.. Ironically enough the last picture was found through google image search but can't track it back beyond a pintrest post from 5 years ago..Definately hand shaped..Logo says Glide Surfboards, but the only two companies I know by that name are in UK and Aus, and it wasnt shaped by either of them.. Would love to know who shaped it.

Attached Files:

2. Tmw

Tmw Member

Dec 29, 2008
    I wanna say Skip Smith, who has ghost shaped up in Jax for decades. But call Dan up at Sunrise & ask. He’ll know for sure. Looks like a nice shape.

3. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Pretty sure it's not the Irish Glide you may have been thinking of... That's not a familiar logo.

4. Paul Sykes

Paul Sykes New Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Lake Worth, Fl
    Ah thanks Tmw, that would make sense for sure. I will reach out to him... classic shape and goes great down here in south florida.

Yea its definitely not from either of the glide companies outside the states.

Couple more boards built by the same person below... Was trying to zoom in on the map in the back of the photo but doesnt look familiar haha

Attached Files: