My Heart is Broken

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by dingpatch, Mar 16, 2019.

1. harry

harry Member

Dec 16, 2004
    USA New York
    So sorry for your loss Dingpatch. Take care of yourself brother

2. Latte

Latte Active Member

Sep 2, 2008
    USA, near the witches
    My condolences :(

3. japsom

japsom Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    USA California
    I’m so sorry too and thank you for sharing. It takes a good man to keep a good woman for that long.

4. m8r

m8r Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    NC
    My sincere condolences to you you DP.
    Hang in there.

5. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    To all of my Jamboards brothers and sisters, Thank You for all of your kind words

I have been dealing with how I should document for all of you just how special Jan was. Once I get it together enough to do so, I will write it as I go and PM you with the pages/paragraphs.

But for now, just to let you have an idea of who she was, , , , Monday night at the watering hole one of the guys who knew her, but was unsure of how to accept/understand some of the fragmented details of her past that she had divulged to him, asked about her story. I am not too sure of what, or how much, she had told him but, after a minute of thought, I told him that I could pretty much sum it up for him with a question to him: "Were you ever in a firefight in Laos?"

jonbiz and SeniorGrom like this.
  6. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Aahahahaha. That sounds like it would speak well of any dude; that it was your future wife makes that even better.

Sending continued aloha, Howard.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  7. jonbiz

jonbiz Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Wilmington NC
    Sorry for your loss DP. We’re here for you.

8. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    I was wanting to let this thread "peter out" but one last thing, , , , I have begun sending the next chapter of Nel's story to all those who have replied here, or sent me a conversation. I do not want to post any more of the story here because most of it is too controversial for public consumption and it may otherwise be too adverse to many's "belief systems". If you had previously not replied and/or did not send me a conversation but would like to read more about my Nel, please send me a conversation/message and I will add you to the list.

9. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    DP, thanks for sharing the first chapter, fascinating portrait of an obviously fascinating woman...keep them coming

DJR likes this.