Miami

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by longhairhippie, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:44 PM.

1. longhairhippie

longhairhippie Member

Mar 31, 2011
    USA
    Heading to Miami this weekend for work & hope to paddle out on Friday or Saturday. Any shops you recommend to rent a board from? I'll be bringing fins for a whomp if nothing else. Might be some windy lumpy surf and looking forward to trunking it.

2. applekat

applekat Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Well....you MIGHT wanna consider...............

"APPLEKAT'S HOUSE OF ANKLE-SLAPPERS & SURFCRAFT EMPORIUMMMMM!!!"

image.gif

- Enjoy hassle-free service from any of our 1 representatives!

- Let your eyes boggle over our vast selection of loaner boards from all your favorite shaper's including Takayama, Zeph, Bing, Kipplestein (yes, they too have a quiet passion for waves in Israel--you'd be surprised) and many, many more!

- Complimentary bar of wax (kept lovingly refrigerated since 2012) for the first 1 person to walk thru the door!

- Immerse yourself in rich surf history & culture by perusing the vast collection of aquatic art & collectibles...INCLUDING the highly coveted, painstakingly restored & digitally remastered "Laird Luau-side Chats" audio tapes--secretly recorded back in 2004 from behind an adjacent sago Palm in Kauai....when I was supposed to be baby-sitting Kalama's kids three bungalows over....NOT TO BE MISSED!

- Have pet allergies? NO PROBLEM!..........relax outside in one of 2 luxurious, padded Adirondack chairs...cuz you probably won't want to come in and subject yourself to an absolute onslaught of dander & litter!

- And we didn't forget you, ladies! Our 1200 sq ft facility boasts a second guest bathroom chock full of delightfully lustrous hair products, soothing creams, decadent lotions, a shockingly colorful array of nail polishes, seemingly functional hair curlers/dryers & countless other feminine treasures from the ghosts of girlfriends past!

- Worth the brain-meltingly monotonous 2-hour drive?...well...that's debatable! But what else are you gonna do down here besides take gator-selfies on I-75/TheAlley?!?!?!!

That's right....NOOOTTHHHIIING!!

3. Kingkook

Kingkook Member

Jul 27, 2014
  4. GOIABA

GOIABA Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Looks like you timed the trip sorta right. 15-20mph onshore will mean short period, maybe waist high wave. Look into F1rst Surf Shop. Great guys over there.

5. GOIABA

GOIABA Member

Oct 8, 2016

I always wonder how much surf there is in Naples. Go there a couple times a year and its always seems to be micro-trace swell but nothing rideable. Have seen pics of waves from the pier from a surf shop I follow on IG

6. applekat

Jul 31, 2007
    "....Have seen pics of waves from the pier from a surf shop I follow on IG..."

-----------

...o_O?!

image.gif

GOIABA likes this.
  7. longhairhippie

longhairhippie Member

Mar 31, 2011
    USA
    Don't let applekat fool you.
    This is local on a small day.
    [​IMG]

glider_boy, GOIABA and applekat like this.
  8. applekat

Jul 31, 2007
    DAMMIT, LHH! S'POSE TO BE MY SECRET SPOT DOWN HERE...YER BLOWING IT!!!