Martin's Beach

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Dawnpatrol, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Surfnfish likes this.
  2. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Agravating for sure. Typical of today’s culture in the USA where money, lawyers, and the judicial system can put the brakes on every action of any type.

3. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Wow, what a jerk. Vinod don't surf, that's for sure. He's screwed -- the US Supreme Court is never going to waste their time on that case. Hopefully they shoot him down and then he gets nailed for contempt of court when he inevitably keeps his gates locked anyway. (I'm not a lawyer, so I am definitely faking the funk with my understanding of our legal system. How'd I do?)

4. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    this is a critical case for the folks living there, many elderly on fixed income, as the current land lease for their homes expires in 2021.

Vinod's plan from the start has been to kill public access, wait for the homeowners land lease to expire, boot them out without compensation, tear down the houses, and build an uber resort for the extreme wealthy.

If irrevocable public access is finalized and enforced, the homeowners might possibly be able to work with a public trust to purchase the property from Vinod, because the resort is DOA.

Otherwise an entire community is out on their ass.

hankster likes this.