Looking for used Davenport 40/65 9'6"-10'2"

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by slimgouda, Sep 3, 2017.

1. slimgouda

slimgouda New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Portland, Or
    Hi All,
    After coming across Adam's boards on a road trip last fall, I've been itching to try one. Alas, the used board market up here in Oregon has yet to produce a Davenport and I'm not ready to take the custom order plunge so I thought I would reach out to the JB community. Also, any thoughts on the 40/65 model would be appreciated.
    Thanks for your time!

2. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    I would hit up Human on here. I think he is probably the most knowledgable about Adams boards on here, as he has his own model with him. I have wanted a 4065 for a while. Killer template. Adam is a great guy and builds killer boards.

slimgouda likes this.
  3. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

If you ever make it down to Ventura, WaveFront stocks Davenports at ridiculous prices: $945 for every AD model; the 40/65, Tatsuo, BKNR, Cub.

http://wavefrontsurfshop.com/boards/

4. slimgouda

slimgouda New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Portland, Or
    Thanks Eric, I came across Wave Front in my research and briefly spoke with Randy on the phone. I can't quite figure out why they are more affordable than direct from Adam. It sounded like the glass job was slightly lighter, no fin, and shop loyalty for being the first store to carry Davenports? Thanks for the tip!

5. sk8thom

sk8thom Member

Jul 10, 2007
    USA California
    Adam wants to shape boards and Wavefront wants to sell them. That's their niche. Wavefront does not want to shape and provides an effective "filter" between Adam and the looky loos.

6. surflax

surflax Member

Mar 11, 2007
    USA Pennsylvania
    don't want to hijack the thread but has anyone ever ridden one of those Orbicular Flyers??

7. sk8thom

sk8thom Member

Jul 10, 2007
    USA California
    Flyer, great, get one.
    Saw a guy riding one in huge Rincon a while ago.

8. OX 45

OX 45 Member

Jan 3, 2014
    9'6 on the used rack at wavefront, saw it about a hour ago, $550
    Clear volan w/dark stick, looked to be in pretty good used shape, maybe a few repairs...not sure didn't pull it off the rack

9. slimgouda

slimgouda New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Portland, Or
    Thank you OX45! I just spoke with a rather churlish wavefront employee, not the owner, who gave me very little information about the board. Sounds like it's a clear 9'8" with some delam under the knees. Love to get some more info on this puppy.