looking for dream boards...

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Couch, May 12, 2018.

1. Couch

Couch Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    About to give up on finding a Fineline Ant----7'6- 8'2 two plus one

Couch

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  2. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    why not order that Ant? I don't get it.

shadydave likes this.
  3. Left Coast 46

Left Coast 46 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    So Cal
    Couch!! you have a problem. Listen people, we need to get together and have an intervention. Couch is a crackhead when it comes to buying boards. I had a problem, and with a 12 step program I have kicked the habit........ Unless something really cool comes along :)

DKNJ likes this.
  4. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    I ordered my Ant in mid May and it was ready in early July. Brian is great to work with.
    Doubt you'll find a used one. Order soon, he travels in late summer I think.

5. Couch

Couch Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    Yep, would do it if I could.....nothing but respect for Brian and all surfcraft shapers....trying to locate him has proven to be very difficult...Molusk and The Beach House (tried to order through) won't take the order as they don't know when they'll hear from him---been months and months and months and months...repeat....some stories of being off the grid snowboarding?

Intervention....yes indeed...but when you live a block from a nice point wave and surf 4/5 days a week it gets "slightly" easier to justify boards to she whom must be obeyed! he he he

Couch

6. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Here’s a question to give you some perspective, maybe. Are there more ‘dream boards’ or ‘dream waves’ in your future. If the answer is boards then it is a silly persuit IMO. You a surfer or living a fantasy (directed at all of us)? I’m too old to shred but more interested in attacking or flowing with waves than bobbing in the lineup like a cork on a perfect stick. Have to admit though spinning to go and feeling nicely turned rails gives me confidence.

7. Couch

Couch Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    I say "both" still have many years and many many waves in me....my quiver is just about set now through trial and error (of course)....like the rest of us.

8. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    True. My knowledge and tastes changed with time. Maybe because I’m stingy with $s and tend to get really attached to boards, I just don’t turn them over. The ones I sell tend to be duplicates of another. Living location and surfing as much as you do is ideal. There are some Ants that pop up from time to time. Enjoy!

9. Couch

Couch Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    Quiver exposed! Here is my current line up for all to see.....and to purge myself of any guilt for hoarding- all boards get ridden frequently!

1. Eric Christenson Skip "Fryed Fish" 7' 22, 3
    2. John Cherry Simms21 7'6 , 22 1/2, 3
    3. Jeff McCallum Simms 7', 23, 2 1/2
    4. 88, 8' softop ----so fun!
    4. MISSING (Fineline Ant, 8' , 23, 3 two plus one)

that's it folks-----selling two of my sons boards on Jamboards for him but none of my own.

SeniorGrom likes this.
  10. DKNJ

DKNJ Active Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Ocean, NJ
    A shaper once told me that he was going to have an intervention for me... " I'm not telling you anything you don't already know but you don't really need another board. But I'll make it if you want it"
    We know where that went.

Lackosense likes this.