Longboard Magazine

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by jdogger, Nov 23, 2006.

1. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    jdogger wrote:
    Great suggestions. Anyone ever see the Aussie longboarding magazine - Australian Longboarder, I think is the name? I see it every now and then in a surf shop. They seem to have better editorial qualitity and layout than LBM.

2. jdogger

jdogger Active Member

Apr 4, 2006
    USA California
    I've seen one called "Pacific Longboarder" in the rack at the Beach House but I've never checked it out. I think it's from Australia.

3. waterlogged

waterlogged New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    USA
    Pacific Longboarder is out of Australia. We're working with them for the first time on this next issue. We're excited because they definitely seem to have the surfing soul besides putting out a nice mag.

Plus they have a pretty decent website too. It astounds me that in this day of "E" everything Longboard doesn't have any content online.

4. Benny

Benny Active Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Drumhead Buddha wrote:
    :D:D:D

Northern CA.

I subscribe to TSJ, Quiver, & Worldsurfradio. :D

And also read Longboard & Nalu Underground. LB is indeed unpredictable & full of hideous contest fluff (when there are contests to cover, anyway :p ) But they also - somehow - pull great interviews for the 'In Trim' feature. Renny Yater? Heck yeah, that's worth waiting 60 extra days... Of course, I find 'em in stores. If they had my cash up front, I'd probably feel differently.

5. waterlogged

waterlogged New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    USA
    Benny wrote:
    OK, so who the frick on this forum is from Maine? I'm confused. It must be the triptophen (or whatever that stuff in the turkey is called). :?

6. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    waterlogged wrote:
    Unforgiven - the guy with that sweet Tyler Noserider - is a Maineiac

7. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
    no mullet on me...but i must say parts of maine are like they have never been touched by modern time.most of the time thats what i like about it.

8. Scout

Scout New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    I found these photos that should be from the next issue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Surfertom

Surfertom Active Member

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was from Maine . . .

:cool::cool:

10. waterlogged

waterlogged New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    USA
    Surfertom wrote:
    Geez I know someone on here is from Maine, and I thought it was a shaper, but I've put my foot deep enough in my mouth. Gonna stop now. :?

Hitting the road for LWO biz tomorrow. Heading to OC Friday, be at the Doheny meet Saturday. Then I'll end up back in Washington the 10th and leave for Prague the 12th. Home by Xmas. Lord give me strength.......