Longboard finds - not deals

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by longhairhippie, Jan 31, 2017.

1. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County
    Oh for sure! Jeff's a super nice guy, wasn't meant to be a knock against him at all - actually forgot to ask him about that board! He scored on not one but THREE very quirky vintage Liddles today so we were talking about those - a 6'8" hull twin + trailer, a 6'4" traditional twin and a 7'6" thruster gun. There were some scores to be had today!!

2. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    Tim recently made me two LB's...that price is about what a new one would cost, as Tim is super reasonable...throw in the fin, leash and padded bag, and avoid the 3 month wait, and it's a good deal..not to mention one sweet looking ride

3. Walnuts

Walnuts New Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Long Beach, NY
    Thanks! I really like working with tim and his longboards look real nice on social media but being east coast have never seen one in person. Probably get killed on shipping but maybe one day. Which models did you go with and how do you like them?

4. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    board 1 - Comp Model RP 9'3 x 17 1/4 x 22 1/2 x 14 1/4. Fast, loose, paddles fine, range from shoulder high to well overhead. Really like the board, does it all well, can really throw it around. Best for steeper waves ripping down the line.

board 2 - Galaxy Model RP 9'8 x 17 1/2 x 23 x 14 1/2. Surfs like a dream. Paddles really well, turns on a dime, glide for miles, stable on the tip. Have ridden it waist high to 10' roll ins on the outside. Love the board. If I could have only one LB I'd take this model in a 9'6 (I'm 6'2 x 190# x old...lol).

For an FYI, going with RP's on any board, especially longboards, effectively shortens the rail line over a square/squash tail, so allows the board to turn 'shorter' while still maintaining length glide. And if riding primarily steeper beachbreak, plus tail rocker help lift the nose on steeper drops once the rear foot weights the tail, as well as make it easier to roll turns off the bottom and top.

Regarding shipping costs. Both boards, packed exceptionally well and shipped a 1000 miles from his shop to our home on the Oregon coast cost $190, exceptionally reasonable.

I'm a huge fan of Tim's..I've ridden boards from over 30 shapers during my 5 plus decades in the salt, including some 'big names', and none were better then Tim is now. Or easier to deal with, exceptionally responsive via email.

Walnuts and JMJackFish like this.
  5. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Islands Edition.

CooperDesign (allegedly shaped by Gene, could be one of the early ones), MFoil 10'0". Old yeller in color, definitely used, but you don't see too many used Coops for sale in Hawaii. Ask is $700. Town.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/spo/d/honolulu-100-cooper-malibu-foil/6810449345.html

Hap Classic, 10'0" Two sticks, volan, nose wedge, tail block in "excellent" condition (and looks it) with floral deck panels parallel to the stringers; with fin. $1200. Town.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/spo/d/honolulu-10-hap-jacobs-longboard/6770660936.html

Not a deal but if you're on Maui or will be visiting and are in need of a nice, unridden Ole 10'6" that Bob shaped out of the last batch of Clark blanks in '05, here's the one. Wallhanger all it's life, classic loggy shape, 1/2" stick, tailblock, glassed by Jim Gott, in Haiku. $1225

Bob = legend.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/spo/d/haiku-ole-brand-new-surfboard/6779995728.html

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  6. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

7. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Thats about what it cost when built by Ole. Glassed by Dave Gott, unless he has a brother that works with him. This is a great price without the 6 month wait.

8. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County