Little Vid...just for kicks.

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by kiwi, Mar 18, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
  2. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Ironic: Narrator says "the ultimate in longboard surfing is cross-stepping up to the nose and hanging five...", yet i have never seen so much shuffling and power stretches to hang toes over. am i alone on this one? :)

those were some fun looking small little lefts though.

3. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    He said it was the ultimate, he didnt say they were pros at it. All those guys are just surfers having fun.:)

Sorry there not up to your standards, Mr Perfect.;)

4. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    That clip reminds me of a video i received for free once upon a time as part of an order from the longboard grotto. it was one of those freebie throw-ins for an order over a certain price. anyway, the video was called "nosezone" and man was it painful. the surfing in it was terrible.

as per the "mr. perfect" comment, my post was merely based on my perference to watch surf videos that inspire me, blow my mind, or just stoke me to get in the water. don't get me wrong, i think its great when guys go out and surf and have fun, girls too for that matter. but, and maybe this is just me here, when i watch a surf video i don't wanna turn off my TV and say to myself "gee, while the surfing i just observed was so so, i gotta hand it them those guys sure looked like they had a blast!". if this perference of mine makes me "mr. perfect" perhaps i shall change my screen name.

p.s. i had a good title for the clip you posted above, but i looked and it seems my title idea is already claimed by the video below :( (gotta hand it to these kids though, they seem to be having fun!) :):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DpDOdtMvUwc

5. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Yep, go ahead and change your screen name.

6. stewy

stewy Member

Jun 27, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    Ki ,nice little clip reminded me a a day last summer with a few friends we had a great time on some fun size waves trying to out do each other and dropping in I laughed so hard that day my sides hurt, comon warm weather :p

7. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    stewy wrote:
    Come on global warming!!!!:cool:

8. kmrye

kmrye New Member

Mar 28, 2005
    ASLBUCK says

Ironic: Narrator says "the ultimate in longboard surfing is cross-stepping up to the nose and hanging five...", yet i have never seen so much shuffling and power stretches to hang toes over. am i alone on this one? :)

those were some fun looking small little lefts though.

Although I know of the surfing prowless of one ASLBUCK. I think we some times forget not everyone is of a certain level and that surfing is 90% feeling. I like the vibe of that video

9. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    kmrye wrote:
    Its not an attempt to pump myself up as a great surfer. Rather, i was pointing out how i find watching a video of surfing to be best when the surfing is of high caliber. Thats why we talk about watching guys like Josh Farberow, Dane Reynolds, Kelly Slater, Joel Tudor, Jimmy Gamboa, and the many other pro shortboarders and longboarders out there (many of whom get endless press on here and elsewhere), as well as the many underground nameless rippers who crowd lineups, versus watching the regular everyday people that crowd lineups. Notice i didn't include myself in that first list? Disagree with me as you like, i prefer a surf video where people are surfing good waves, with style, and doing high skill stuff. I don't think i am alone on this one? Its not a knock on the surfing of most people. I understand most surfers desire to be better, thats why we watch videos of those who are good, not of those who are average to below average.