Keane Hayes gofund me (beacons shark attack)

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cheyneskeezer, Sep 30, 2018.

1. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    Hey, I'm supporting this fundraiser, please have a look - 'Keane Hayes Encinitas Shark Attack' https://dm2.gofund.me/keane-hayes-shark-attack-victim

Don’t know him but bummer for this little grom hopefully he gets back in the water soon and doesn’t let his waterman ways die!

2. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    What a morning at beacons.

I was up at before sunrise and saw this young man getting geared up. I watched as 20+ divers got in the water on the hunt for lobster. I headed back to my friends house to throw my suit on and to grab a board. When I started down the switchback someone in the lot said I should hold up because there was a lot of yelling in the water and the kayak was heading back in. Pretty quickly people started down to the beach and others called 911. I heard one man get instructions to get towels to apply pressure so I ran back to the house and grabbed a towel. As I ran back up the hill the paramedics and police were pulling up. A lifeguard truck was also on the beach by that time. Since there was plenty of help attending to him I proceeded north up the beach and used the towel to flag down the rest of the divers to get them out of the water. Shortly after the life flight showed up.

I'm so thankful the diver in the kayak was out there and that several people knew what was needed medically.

It's great that Keane is going to make a recovery.

3. LÜGEN

LÜGEN Active Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Oceanside
    How’s this kid doing?

4. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    I ran into a friend of the family today and they reported he is doing well, in great spirits, has left the hospital and will make a full recovery. He said he can't wait to get back in the water too. What a warrior!

LÜGEN likes this.