Just Board Pics

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Roach, Oct 26, 2011.

1. joepoko

joepoko Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    damn that one's gorgeous! one day...

2. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Dang! That's a nice one. Congrats!

3. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Active Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    This is circa 1984-85.

The L8 Gr8 BK (Bob Krause) & I spent one week long swell at Rincon exploring 1 thru 10 fins.

The boards were all glass ons and well before UV, sun cure resin.

Based on the Greek's principle of a VENT, each pair of fins had different Foils, Cants, & Toe In & followed a progression working with anticipated water flow & how we could manipulate it. Curiously enough, the last set of fins on Octi thru Deca toed 1/8" out in the Flow Pattern.

My Hexamtic had so much lift from the fence of fins, I ended up scooping out the tail making a reverse vee to meet the deck to help keep water attached to the board. The board's all rode very smooth & glidey.

Pictured here is BK's Deca Fin........ he also had the Octi-fin and I was riding my Hexa-matic.

Bk Octi-Fin.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Octifin.jpg
    [​IMG]

Chilly Willy likes this.
  4. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Active Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    I like that big ass wide balsa stringer..... I'm working on my Ecuador guys getting me some stringer material like that so we can glue up into pre-split foamies I get up here along with the new balsa blanks I'll be importing.

5. JMJackFish

JMJackFish Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    IMG_0883.jpeg IMG_0884.jpeg

Old guy short board. This is my second of these. They are super fun. Flat as can be, beaked nose, and thick. Foam is my friend.

6. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Have always wondered why we don't see more directional tail,fins for specific waves. Camel at gland comes to mind..no one got deeper, riding offset finned boards...mavericks, jaws, roping points..

7. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Picked up this vintage 8'4" Greek V Bottom for shady. Incredibly thinned out and light. The redwood center stringer is less than 1/8" with blue HD foam and black glue-ups. Waxed and ready to ride with my WaveSet adapter and custom volan flex fin. Yum...

Greek V Bottom 1 10292018.jpg Greek V Bottom 2 10292018.jpg

8. michael

michael Active Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Rocker / foil shot?

9. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA