Just Board Pics

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Roach, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    like that Steve kept the nose pulled in, Tom, wide noses in PNW beachbreak make for brutal paddleouts..sessioned with Reverend Tim (literally, used to own the LC surf shop then got the call) 2 days ago, he had a brand new custom Infinity LB that one of his parishioners just gave him as a present out of the blue...Tim loving it, charging on it..

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    New E-Wing MC Bonzer. 9' X 22.5" X 2.75". Malcolm knows how to hide all that width. Now I just have to get it south and ....

[​IMG]

3. Surfnfish

Feb 6, 2015
    the "Lee, you're now getting less point waves" model...lol

4. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Yea Lance, I went over the nose template with Steve on the blank. Template turned out fine but thickness throughout and rails are scary. Kinda looks like a SUP Wavestorm! :eek: No waves yet to try it. I'll give a ride report and a profile of the board later. Too embarrassed to post the profile/rails pic now. Looks kinda hindeous! Not a board I'd select off the racks. But this is a board designed for early entry, flotation, lightness and a guy with a very bad hip/back.

5. Dawnpatrol

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    JP has got to be the master of stringer magic. In my 60 years of surfing I have never seen half the stuff that others have ever created or equaled to the "Genius". Kudos to folks that go beyond the art of shaping foam but creating it! That in itself is a science and an art!

P.S. Greg Noll did indeed do some neat foam cuts/stringer cuts in the 60's.

6. Dawnpatrol

May 7, 2006
    PNW

Love winger pins. I wonder if Malcolm has thought of this template in a 11' Glider? Love your new board Vet!

7. Surfnfish

Feb 6, 2015
    yea, Reverend Tim's new 9'6 Infinity literally has full, square block rails...he's a big dude, and has to turn turtle on it, too much foam to take whitewater head on...he is, however, surfing it better then I've ever seen him on other LB's...catching waves outside with just a couple of stroke, board up and running with zero bog..

8. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Thanks to you guys for advice. No e-wings but I got the fin placement right and 3 sessions in on the new 8’2” CB egg. Feeling the speed! Some nice steep drops made, even one backside cover up barrel Friday. This is the board I wanted and needed.

deemce and bonzer like this.
  9. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    After pulling this out of storage this week, I'm realizing that I will neither ride this again or make it a wall hanger, and with a cash flow issue looming I am thinking hard about selling. Always been in controlled environment and in a Midnight board bag, if you are interested PM me. Looks better in person than my crappy pictures. I haven't listed it anywhere, would prefer passing to someone here. Thanks.

Thunder Chicken likes this.
  10. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Original condition 9/10, November 1967 Bing David Nuuhiwa lightweight pintail step deck 9'10". One of the last ones produced before the design was updated in '68 with a new lam and a waveset finbox. This board is unique in that the rails are foiled down more than a typical model of this year. A gem!
    20180706_132941.jpg 20180706_132925.jpg 20180706_132914.jpg 20180706_132908.jpg