Jersey Surf 10/14

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by T-Bone, Oct 9, 2006.

1. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I caught it pretty good tonight. A little weak, but lined up nice. Surfed with only 3 guys out and the sets were few and far between, but enough for the group of us. After everyone else left, I stayed out for another 20 mins or so into the darkness. Surfing alone in the dark.... good times.:D:D:D

2. Singlefinglide

Singlefinglide New Member

Feb 22, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    NJL

I tried to stay out as long as I could, but finally caught my last wave at about 6:45pm. It was getting pretty dark, but there were still about 10 guys out. At that point, I had been out for close to two hours and had promised my mom I would be home at 8pm so I could be home in time to put my kids to bed. They will only go to sleep for me, not even my wife has much luck with that. Overall, it was a very fun session. It was also pretty cool when three dolphins popped up in the line-up about 10 feet from where I was sittting at the time. I was very fortunate to get out, because the short term forcast does not look so good.

SFG

3. g-unit

g-unit New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    it was mostly waist high and the occasional set that came through was weird. Our spot wasnt working right and i was actually frustrated. Thought it was going to be a big swell. Tide was deep waves were week i was really let down. I know not all are perfect but it was peaky and had a lot of south in it. Better then no waves but not nearly what i was expecting from the forecast. Sorry bout the bitching but i was looking forward to a solid day!

4. Mantooth

Mantooth New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    i concur...disappointed. rideable and not too bad, but for some reason it looked good but rode horrible.

5. Silk123

Silk123 Active Member

Feb 11, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    i had been hoping for something this weekend but things arent looking too promising...of course things weren't looking promising last weekend and you guys said it wasnt too bad. :)