Jersey Surf 10/14

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by T-Bone, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Tank

Tank New Member

Oct 9, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    T-bone called me at 7am and said the reports were for lousy wave action. It's a good thing he decided to take a run out to check. Waves were nice. We moved a little south of the crowd and still had a blast. T had some nice rides and I got some more board time. I had to bail by 11:30 though, but the waves seemed to get a bit sluggish by then anyhow.

2. grush

grush Member

Aug 8, 2005
    When I'm in Lavallette I walk up to the beach all the time and check it. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in JC most of the time getting my house to look pretty so someone will buy it. (It's taking all of my time and $$!!!) It's a short hop to the Hook or No. Monmouth, but the good spots are always so crowded I don't bother going unless the reports are good. My loss. Can't wait until my weekends are free so I can drive from the Hook down to Cape May in search of waves at the slightest positive forecast. Those were the days.

3. g-unit

g-unit New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    still are the days!

4. Tank

Tank New Member

Oct 9, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    I here you. It is only about an hour and change from here. I need all the board time I can get. Practice Practice Practice

5. g-unit

g-unit New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    i just get cranky if i dont at least look at it every day! the great thing about living a few blocks off the water is you tend to go out on more days then you would if you had to drive. It has really helped out my surfing and wouldnt change it for the world!

6. Singlefinglide

Singlefinglide New Member

Feb 22, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    OK, enough talk about it. Who is going to hit it up for real today? 3-5', incoming tide all afternoon, WNW winds at 10 mph:D. Go get some. I had to take some last minute time off (my boss is really happy about that) and beg my mom to come over for a couple of hours and watch the kids, because my wife already had plans tonight. Leaving work at 3:30, in the water by 5 (70 mile drive from work), happy and semi-tired by 6:30, home by 8pm to put my kids to bed. Good day!

7. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA
    Singlefinglide wrote:
    I can't get out until tomorrow morning, so you can be sure it will be flat by then...:(

8. g-unit

g-unit New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    four hours and counting!

9. g-unit

g-unit New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    what a let down!:zzz:

10. Singlefinglide

Singlefinglide New Member

Feb 22, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    G

What was the deal up there? I caught it waist to chest high with a few rogue shoulder high lines coming through down here in OC. The wind was very light offshore, but the tide was a little fat.

SFG