Jan-Michael Vincent Passes

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Dawnpatrol, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
  2. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    “The Mechanic” with Bronson in 1972. Odd how his death wasn’t made public until 30 days after?

3. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Found that strange too. Dude traveled a rough road and at times seemed to be his own worst enemy. Sad but frankly—after all the car accidents, busts for wild booze/blow issues and resultant chronic health problems—it’s somewhat amazing he lived as long as he did.

Surf on, Jan. He’ll always be Matt Johnson to me and probably most JBers.

63587B92-00E8-4B3D-A6E0-530F3F77A862.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    PeakMaster and zippy like this.
  4. njrider

njrider Active Member

Jan 18, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    I remember talking with Hap about Big Wednesday, and the Bear logo with the Jacobs Diamond in it, and Matt Johnson. He told me a few things...the one that stands out most to me is that the character, Matt Johnson was modeled after Lance Carson. Only that Lance Carson was way wilder in his hey day. Then a story on 'No Pants Lance' on the hood of his car at Winchel's Donuts. RIP Jan Michael Vincent.

DJR likes this.
  5. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

We’re lucky to have the real deal around, still stoked, sober and honestly contrite for his NPL rep. Humble and yet still surfs as well as he shapes. Ask Mr. Gene.

njrider likes this.
  6. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
    ...My friends and I would sleep in our cars, and the smell of the offshore wind would often wake us. And each morning, we knew this would be a special day...
    \\
    ((
    -----------------------v--

njrider likes this.
  7. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    "He's not a hodad squid lips, I told you that's Matt Johnson"!

RIP Jan Michael

8. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Anyone who spent more than 5 minutes around JMV knew he would most likely end up the way he did. Addiction is a cruel mistress.

PeakMaster likes this.