It's been a while

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Pierpont Scott, Jun 10, 2017.

1. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Scott- I just looked through your IG and holy smokes, you're doing amazing work. And for legends indeed. Not only that, but you have fine taste in music (D&C, CRB). Glad you're happy and welcome back.

2. joeblackuz

joeblackuz Member

Apr 15, 2005
    Welcome back scott. Its not the same here as it once was. Still kinda cool but different. Good on you for your business. Wish you the best of luck. Btw just followed on ig.

Pierpont Scott likes this.
  3. icecreamheadache

icecreamheadache Active Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Welcome back Scott! Stoked to hear about your glasswork. (Out of curiosity, do you recall glassing a 9'6" cherry red Wayne Rich with bitchin' laps around the finbox last year? The one that was featured in Deep magazine?)

I can imagine the shop was a drain on you, but FFF's departure has left a void on Thompson for sure. The still vacant space is depressing as hell...

Pierpont Scott likes this.
  4. Pierpont Scott

Pierpont Scott Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Ventura
    Yes I do think it was back in November or October I think. I love doing Waynes boards so clean. Wayne made me my first longboard 20 years ago , hand shaped I spent about 4 hours in the shaping bay watching him mow away taking story the whole time. Never thought I'd be part of his builds in a million years. He is definitely somebody I look up to in the industry and honored that he trusts me with his boards. Spent the day doing 5 of Wayne's logs today.

miscreant likes this.
  5. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    Thank you for sharing.

6. bonzer

bonzer Member

Mar 11, 2014
    USA New Jersey
    Yes welcome back Scott, with a second tip of the hat now that I've seen your IG feed and have a WR on the drawing board. I love abstracts and yours are the tightest I've ever seen! So I'll be in touch! Congrats on getting tagged to work with a master. That makes you one.

7. bonzer

bonzer Member

Mar 11, 2014
    USA New Jersey
    And yes as JBcuz said JAM ain't quite what it used to be. Still a strong foundation of brotherhood and daily acts of selflessness (boardtrains, CL ads, advice, etc) but over the past year a loud 60 hz hum appeared and began to overtake the music. I just rediscovered the Ignore tool and I'll tell ya, it works! Only had to use it once and it's almost like it's back to the good ol' days.

Pierpont Scott, deemce and jbb like this.