It's been a while

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Pierpont Scott, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Pierpont Scott

Pierpont Scott New Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Ventura
    It's been a while but I'm back. After closing down fff in ventura back in 2011 life has sure changed for the better. Swore off the dam surf industry and everything to do with surfers. Piles of business debt and feeling of failure . But you know what it was the best thing ever getting out of retail , especially retailing to surfers. Met some great people along the way. Even met a few of you guys which turned out to be cool cats in person ( even if they where from Jersey ) haha just joking on the jersey part. Never got out out of the surf industry worked for CI for 4-5 years making boards and now own my own glass shop . Doing glass work for incredible shapers. Wayne Rich, Spencer kellogg, a few cooperfish, ventura surf shop, high end wood boards for Wayne lynch, Simon anderson, AL merrick/Kelly slater , Timmy patterson just to name a few. A movie will be out soon about these boards that Larry fuller is making they are beautiful. I have even been gassing my buddy zephyr carrigg's shapes lately. Good to see most of you fellows are still on here.

2. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016

Man, you are super cool.

Wow! Name drop city!

Stoked you're stoked!

Welcome back to the jamboarder family!

3. Pierpont Scott

Mar 2, 2017
    Ventura
    Coming from an attention whore like yourself it means lots.

4. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    Sheesh! Explitive user!

5. Pierpont Scott

Mar 2, 2017
    Ventura
    The styrene must be getting to me!

6. dingdong

dingdong Active Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    nice congrats on the new business...can you tell us the name of your glass shop?

7. Pierpont Scott

Mar 2, 2017
    Ventura
    Larese lamination . Insta=@larese_lamination

8. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Welcome back PS and thanks for the update. Best of luck with the business too. Sounds like you already have a substantial client base. Well done and please stay protected from the styrene and acetone. You do any work with epoxy?

Reading the list of names, I thought you could be involved in the documentary film project. Juan Rodrigues (another name) told me about it. Enjoy.

Pierpont Scott likes this.
  9. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Active Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Outstanding comeback Sir.

Pierpont Scott likes this.
  10. Pierpont Scott

Mar 2, 2017
    Ventura
    Yes I am involved in that documentary , stoked to be doing work for legends of the craft.