into blue and green

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by miscreant, Feb 1, 2018.

1. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    my buddy has put his heart and soul into making amazing board bags and T-shirts. his bags are made in California from up cycled and recycled material. they are top quality. if you are in the market for a durable , well made American product, please check his company out:

https://intoblueandgreen.com/

2. applekat

applekat Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    VERY nice bags (I'm a peculiar fan of the up-cycling angle)...$250 to Florida is a bit of a kick in the shins...but great craftsmanship.

3. miscreant

May 20, 2016
    thanks for checking them out. he travels up and down the west coast gathering old sails. the craftsmanship is top quality. the materials he uses are on point. I've been using one of the bags for a year now, no issues. there are a large variety of bag templates to fit most boards. they are sturdy bags.

4. applekat

applekat Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    See...THAT'S the part I like. "Old sails".

Find the history of those tarps (i.e. "...this 9'8 came from an old salty dog, 36' vessel, that ____(fill in curious, astonishing tale of history)____, who now--at 80 yr old--still does ____(detail)____.....", and each bag has a story in itself. One of a kind stuff. A clever thing--and something people gravitate towards.

I do, anyway.

shadydave likes this.
  5. Finward

Finward Active Member

Jan 16, 2012
    USA
    when I saw that he was using old sails my first thought was that its way to lightweight for the application. I have a cuben fiber pack and that is not a material I would want a board bag made from and the woven sail material is far to light on its own. I see he backs up the dacron with something stronger. I still have a couple @midnight bags, my 7'4" 3 board coffin from them has been all over HI, the south pacific, AU and central america over the past 6 years with minimal wear. These bags from into blue are neat but they dont seem very utility minded or functional for anything other than day bags and fuck me dead if I'll shell out that much for a job that can be accomplished with a towel

CliffDweller likes this.
  6. miscreant

May 20, 2016

Thanks for checking his bags out!! They are padded bags, super tuff and sturdy.

7. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    For $250 they better do a hell of a lot more than hold a surfboard.

8. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Priced too low. Contact Roy Stewart for marketing strategies.

LÜGEN and deemce like this.
  9. miscreant

May 20, 2016
    Thanks for checking them out. I’ll let him know your feelings regarding price!

10. miscreant

May 20, 2016
    Don,
    Why did you claim these bags cost $250? Were you intentionally trying to mislead people from the actual cost of the bags?

Crazy stuff man.

While his prices are more expensive than most bags, they certainly aren't what you claimed. These bags are made with recycled and up cycled goods, by hand , here in America.

It seems a company like this would be something this community valued, not ridiculed.

https://intoblueandgreen.com/materials/

Croweater likes this.