Instagram page for Jamboards?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by JBorbone, Jan 8, 2018.

1. JBorbone

JBorbone Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    Morning Jammers -

I recently helped my buddy sell his Silverspoon on Instagram, and I've become friends with some SoCal based surfboard brokers that use Instagram as their primary marketing source. I'm planning on selling a dozen or so boards soon and was planning on doing so via both Craigslist and Instagram, which made me wonder if there was an Instagram for Jamboards.

Turns out there isn't one. I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in there being one? I'd be happy to manage the account, and we can all contribute to the content. The goal would be to help create more visibility for boards we're posting on the "Classified" threads and potentially create more opportunities to find gems (two top reasons why we're all here).

If it's not working out or the general Jammer public doesn't like it's existence, I could close it down. Just wanted to throw the idea out there to see if anyone is interested in this happening or if you guys all think it'd be a waste of time. - JB

davey likes this.
  2. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    Many that sell on this forum do so to avoid CL/Instagram/Surfboard broker BS and to stoke out other jamboarders. At least that's my impression.

CT Charlie, Roach, glider_boy and 4 others like this.
  3. LogFather

LogFather Active Member

Jul 20, 2015
    USA
    giver a go I don't see why not... if it flops it flops and if not we have another rad format to feed our addiction of eclectic surf craft

JBorbone likes this.
  4. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    just create an account. I dont understand why it should have any affiliation with Jamboards. I'm sure I'm missing something

CT Charlie likes this.
  5. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    and yeah, what sdsurferguy said

6. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    X1000. To me this is more of a community to share and pass on some stoke. It’s nice that when a deal comes up on here it’s offered exclusively to members of this community.

JBorbone likes this.
  7. JBorbone

JBorbone Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Maybe I wasn't clear on the point of the Instagram page. I already manage multiple Instagram accounts, so this isn't a question of whether or not I should create one for myself.

There are <2000 Jammers on this website. That means <2000 opportunities to sell a board you're posting on the Classified threads, and <2000 opportunities to find the gem you've been looking to buy.

By opening this community as a cohesive entity up to Instagram, my effort was to simply increase that "2000" number to a much larger number. This would make both buying used boards and selling used boards much easier and more fun (something to look at when a laptop isn't available).

Sounds like lots of people here don't want the exposure and like this "closed" forum vibe, so perhaps it doesn't make sense to start a Jamboards forum.

8. JBorbone

JBorbone Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    makes sense! i can definitely appreciate that.

shadydave likes this.
  9. Bighouse

Bighouse Active Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    Isn’t the Stoked N Broke insta page a jamboarder? Btw: whatcha selling ?

shadydave likes this.
  10. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    This, exactly. All it takes is $5 to show you're an earnest JBer. And so far, every single person I've dealt with on this forum has been at worst awesome and at best amazing. I'd rather have a no-hassle under-market sale of a board to a JBer than to get a few hundred more and deal with some of the idiots from CL and IG. That's where I turn when I can't find a buyer here. Kind of like a secret break, I'd prefer it if the JB community remained a little more unknown and made up of folks who are 100 percent into the stoke. People who are passionate about longboarding seem to find the site just fine.