Ideas for a So Cal Surf Trip

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by GT, Jul 8, 2018.

1. pintail

pintail Active Member

Feb 19, 2004
    LA, California
    I'd also check Surfline. When they say it's going to be poor, they're almost always wrong, and Malibu loses its crowds since most people rely on the forecasts. Great waves there and warmer than C street. OTOH, C street is so spread out that getting waves isn't an issue even when it really is good.

2. Pacis

Pacis Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Hey GT, Sorry to hear about your son. I have a campsite in Carlsbad sat July 28 - Aug 8 available

nedsurf likes this.
  3. GT

GT Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA California
    All,

Thanks for the responses. First of all, surgery was successful and the patella is back where it belongs - but lots of pain currently ongoing....poor kid.

I now have a campsite at San Mateo 7/31 - 8/2 for me and Junior. Plan on taking the Roadtrek and sleeping in the tent so we can use the Roadtrek as the beach vehicle without too much packing / unpacking. Surfing mainly San O with side trips to , San Clemente, Church, DoHo, (if Lonedog's elbow starts twitching) etc. or maybe even North County. Which leads me to -

Pacis,

What's the story on Carlsbad? We would be interested in extending the trip south if something is available.

Thanks again everyone.