How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. davey

davey Active Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Australia
    Soft tops rule...

Artz likes this.
  2. DJR

DJR Active Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    45B9B210-3894-4F7B-A3F8-02C4BEFBAF19.jpeg Nice thigh to stomach just after low this morning in front of the house
    2 other guys out in eye sight
    Saturday no worry for at least an hour and a half on the Stepchild with a @dingpatch fin inherited from @JMJackFish Made the day

deemce and EricM like this.
  3. EricM

EricM Member

Jan 11, 2016
    USA California
    0110B18C-D8EC-4062-B171-BD75FA5A85D8.jpeg First ride on my 7’6 Ryan Lovelace V. Bowls. It was a mellow day. Calm winds and near glassy conditions with waist high sets. My first wave was a backside right. I got back on the tail and got an instant ball bearing type feeling. So rad! This board is a blast and pivots in the smoothest way. I’m really stoked with it! Water temp was around 65 F, medium rising tide.

4. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    vbowls are fun! cliche I know, love that spot EricM, gonna be down there next weekend, can't wait :D

davey and EricM like this.
  5. EricM

EricM Member

Jan 11, 2016
    USA California
    Awesome!! It’s a great spot with a lot of the same people in the line up week after week. Good vibes! :)

6. EricM

EricM Member

Jan 11, 2016
    USA California
    EE4BBECB-116B-4A32-933C-3369C0167529.jpeg 12806452-B628-4275-833D-AE6C9F0F458A.jpeg

7’4 Lovelace V. bowls. Conditions were better than yesterday. Smooth and glassy with thigh to waist high sets with a few chest high. I was a little worried about the size but got so many waves today! One particular left held up so long, it was incredible how far I rode that clean shoulder. Amazing. I haven’t felt as immediately connected to a board like this in a long time. I’m using a 9” Volan fin... maybe too much (?) but it rode well! To top it off I saw a dolphin which is always cool.

7. Couch

Couch Active Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    Couch with the SB surf report again....wait for it.....WIND! Yep, wind for nearly 3 weeks now....still got in 3 days this week and found some clean lines between wind swells. Sand is in full swing making our points more user friendly, water temp. dropped again thanks to all that WIND, balmy 57* today. Ventura had a few nice sets this week for those who ventured south as they pick up a south and the islands block all but big ass-kickers from Mex. Still fun, still stoked, teaching my 10 year old to surf now----remember those days?

Couch

Andrew Johnson, Artz and Bighouse like this.
  8. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    My old home town Encinitas. I do miss living there.

EricM likes this.
  9. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    The last couple of days I started my new adventure into In the water Surf Photography! So far so good. The first day was in 6” To 10” of rages waves. The Yesterday at Sebastian Inlet it was shine high to waist high wind swell. It’s not as easy as one might think. Watching out for waves and keeping an eye on the subject while being pushed around by currents . And watching for other Surfers that may or may not run you over is a challenge. I will post up some Photos in the Photo section.

EricM, dingdong and michael like this.
  10. Couch

Couch Active Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    SB surf report for the week of 5/27, small and textured surf pretty much for a bit now. Occasionally still some fun little ones creeping in but not much to get too pumped about. The summer shut down is nearly here; hoping for some west or NW action....but not much forecast.

Scattered reports here and there about friends catching some fun sessions north and south of us but you know how that goes, "You missed it, blah blah blah.....really fun....blah blah....only 5 people out...blah blah...." OK I GUESS I FRIGGIN MISSED IT!

Couch