How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. joepoko

joepoko Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    magic yesterday. super fun 3'-4' waves on LI. took this 9' ricky carroll yesterday for the first time, board fucking RIPS. snapped the leash cord on the second wave but then had a blast for the rest of the day on it.

[​IMG]

2. joepoko

joepoko Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    went out wednesday after a really productive day at work for some beautiful evening waves. 2'-3' goodness on the 9'3" ashley lloyd until i bailed on a wave and slammed the bottom of my jaw on the deck of the board with my teeth together...paddled back in the second i felt some funny business in my mouth...doctor checked out and looks like no damage, roots look fine, one tooth knocked ever so slightly askew, soft diet for the next week or so!

Lackosense likes this.
  3. Patrick Riley

Patrick Riley Active Member

May 15, 2018
    Jacksonville Beach
    Found some log gems on Wed afternoon. Stomach high peaky take offs with long running rights. Here's east coast legend "Rozo" on a nice peak.

Attached Files:

4. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Had a fun morning. Tiny little knee slappers. After a long medical issue It was Great to be back the line up again.

5. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    See fowler thread....nice 2-3~4'..
    Start on the fowler V8 vbottom...fun..
    Then switch to the 10.6 glider....even more fun...let a friend try it..while i tried his bing feral pig....not as much fun....
    Sorry miscreant.....i liked my 10.2 tim stamps pig/ javelina model...lively....caught everything
    But not this pig....maybe the size...i dunno

Artz likes this.
  6. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Arrr! I hate getting the big teeth clomp. Glad it's nothing serious.

7. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Saturday 4/27 in Deal NJ...20+ offshore wind...6ft dominant south swell. Strong lateral current and a strong rip current out to sea. Surfed with some very experienced folks who kept me in position and on point. Had a fckin' blast! Surfed 2 sessions, total of 5 hours in the water. Surfing 9'4 John Peck Penetrator.
    PSC_4.27.11.jpg PSC_4.27.31.jpg

8. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Vinny, came down to Four Doors to join me for a session. Unfortunately the swell had dropped but we grabbed a few. Thanks Vinny for coming down. Always a stoker to hang with ya.

jbb, deemce, dingdong and 1 other person like this.
  9. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Great session this morning on Cinco de Mayo Eve. Also known as the 4th of May. Little knee slappers ode my Robin Mair Dreamliner. A board that is far better then I am as Surfer. Sometimes I think I should be riding a soft board.
    Still I’m gaining more skills and getting some of that old mojo back. Someday I’ll be worthy of that excellent Dreamliner.

Cinco de Mayo eve.

10. jbb

jbb Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Vinny's okay

Dawnpatrol and longhairhippie like this.