How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Komaiaboyz

Komaiaboyz Active Member

Apr 27, 2008
    blackies.jpg virata-blackies-2018.jpg

Blackies has been as good as it gets.

2. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts
  3. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Yesterday had some fun steep zippy lines, today was totally different. Long, open faced thigh-waist high lines. Glassy. My absolute favorite. Stoked about it.

4. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Got to take some pre-holiday sleigh rides over the weekend & Monday in RI - ending with a couple hours of clean waist high waves in some flurries yesterday before heading out to see family. The internal soundtrack was anchored by mele kalikimaka!

FalseDawn likes this.
  5. soul_glide

soul_glide Active Member

Jan 1, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    Early Xmas present on the Winter Solstice...
    upload_2018-12-25_11-6-29.jpeg

6. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Glad you scored both days -- I surfed on the 23rd but had too much to do on the 24th. I like days like that too, so can't say I'm not a little bummed to have missed it yesterday!

The 23rd was funny, it started pretty mellow but really juiced up as the tide dropped. Way better than it looked, and I enjoyed rubbing it in with my two buddies who passed on it. I switched from my Trimulux for cruising to my short v.Bowls at the end of the session to try for some speedy little barrels. Mission accomplished -- I didn't make it out of any but was surprised to pull into tubes on 6 out of the 7 waves I caught before I got too tired and had to paddle in.

deemce likes this.
  7. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
  8. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Had a great day surfing and meeting fellow Jammers in the Satellite Beach area of Florida! Medium period swell 3-4 foot, just a bit o wind, water temp 70 degrees, air temp 80. Shared 2 great session with @Islander1341 and @walkingtheplank !

Attached Files:

9. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Fun day in New England if you had some shelter and a somewhat East-facing beach. Gotta love the honey holes. Think a Jammer was there, and caught a few fun ones. Still not enough to pull out the new 6-10 honey badger, but fun still...
    Stoked!

10. aussie-surfer

aussie-surfer Active Member

Jun 28, 2007
    USA Wisconsin
    IMG_1520.JPG Clean little lines in the Midwest. 19f, water in the 30's, party of 3 and no wind!!! Photo credit: Tyler Field

SReilly, Salinity, deemce and 6 others like this.