How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    Stoked for you! I contemplated making the run down there instead of watching college football, and in hindsight (looking at conditions this week), I should have done it. Glad you scored. I noticed that swell angle too and it looked perfect.

Chilly Willy likes this.
  2. surflax

surflax Active Member

Mar 11, 2007
    USA Pennsylvania
    Took the chance on the same little pop up swell in NJ as Chilly and found similar conditions in Spring Lake. V-Machine was fun on the little, perfectly angled swell. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't wishing for one of my logs though, as I watched a guy on a blue single fin kill it wave after wave, in as Chilly said, perfect longboard conditions.

Chilly Willy likes this.
  3. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Yep, I saw a couple guys in the same boat with short/shorter boards who were doing okay, but not scoring like longboarders were. I had two other shorter boards with me but was glad I brought the LB. It did get pretty crowded with almost all longboards. But hey -- there were surprisingly no SUPs out! That's a first.

4. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    Micro tubes at Virginia Beach today. Perfect conditions 70' air 70' water with off shore winds but flat to 1 foot waves. Sure was fun though with no one else out.

micropre1.png micro1.png

miscreant and Chilly Willy like this.
  5. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
  6. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Went for a surf after work, as I was itching to try out a new-to-me 8-6 G&S v-bottom (and I sorely needed some saline therapy). I kinda figured the surf would be disorganized onshore slop (and it was), but the storms that rolled through produced some pretty cool phenomena, including 3 separate rainbows and a couple of these guys -

C965A426-7854-47EB-B251-FA88ADEF2EFB.jpeg
    sometimes it’s things other than the waves...

7. Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Definitely agreed. And wow! Still hoping to see one of those someday myself.

8. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Take advantage of those replenishment waves before they complete the job. They may be the only wavers you will enjoy due to the replenishment!

Chilly Willy likes this.
  9. Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I thought the same thing! My father-in-law has told me some dismal tales about how his local beach in LB went from a normal break to flatsville after the replenishment. I've been cringing in anticipation of ours for a couple years now.

DJR and Makawaosurfer93 like this.
  10. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Took the G&S out again today - much better in the cleaner thigh-high waves we had. Seemed to like a 10” 4a as well, but jury is still out on the fin (narrow base flex fin maybe?). I do find it a tad hesitant to catch a wave - feel like I need to throw the board into the wave before it gets going. Caught a couple fun peelers though (got to pump down the line pretty good on one) and didn’t have much trouble going backside. Stoked!
    97DA5B0C-6D76-4F4B-83AB-A1FEA54F1B1C.jpeg