How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jonbiz

jonbiz Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Wilmington NC
  2. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Stoke-o-meter is off the charts this morning! This morning is the reason I surf. We had some outstanding waves in Seaside Park this morning, perfect for my 9'6" Trimulux. It was mellow (but occasionally kind of big) at first, but the surf gods flipped a switch at one point where it turned on. It was anywhere from waist high to head high on the bigger sets... long, lined up, and glassy. Rights, lefts, whatever you wanted. The water is perfect - warm and clear. I surfed for 3.5 hours and would have stayed longer if I wasn't tired, hungry, and my sunscreen was probably wearing off.

My best wave: a beautiful set rolled in with me in the perfect position. Steep takeoff (so glad I nailed it), bottom turned and let my 4A fling me right down the line, and there was that long, glorious, tapering, glassy wall just waiting for me like a blank canvas. I don't even remember what happened after that, I think a few cutbacks, but I mostly got lost in a time warp. I do remember hearing some hoots from the two nearby shortboarders as I was taking off, then a few more hoots that I heard in the distance after I made the drop and was flying down the wall. I got some nice compliments from them when I got back out to the lineup. Full endorphin rush all around. For me, that's about as good as it gets.

3. Gill

Gill Active Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Spring Lake Heights, NJ
    I agree with chilly - the last few days have been a blast here in jersey!
    Warm water- peeling waves and some friendly faces... what more could you want?
    I'm surprised the swell stuck around for so long, perfect for the longboard

Chilly Willy and Surfnfish like this.
  4. Gallery

Gallery New Member

Jul 3, 2018
    New Jersey

Same experience in Lavallette this morning. Super fun 3.5 hr session. Kept expecting the tide to kill it, but it just got better and better. Such a fun morning. Rode my 8’6” COS Mini C and was doing cheater 5’s on every wave.

Chilly Willy likes this.
  5. Patrick Riley

Patrick Riley New Member

May 15, 2018
    Jacksonville Beach
    This mornings surf was heartfelt and a great reminder of how amazing a community of people can be. Rest easy Hugh Thompson.

photos by Chris Condon

37221207_10215169683410451_6002725646705360896_n.jpg
    37209759_10215169677730309_1006271078940540928_o.jpg

newlyn and Chilly Willy like this.