How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Rooting for you, wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

2. Couch

Couch Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    Surf in Santa Barbara was not good....like, at all. 1 - 1 1/2', wind swell, choppy, sloppy and general mayhem today....BUT, the sand has filled in again, water is warming up and it's SUMMER!

Couch

dingdong likes this.
  3. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

20180625_125121.jpg Monday a.m. was a little easier to accept today

4. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    7A8943CC-CA95-4E1B-8177-9A040E7B4B09.jpeg Small mostly too fat this morning. Did catch a few decent ones considering the conditions. Did see something cool in the sky with roadmasters roadmaster under it

Roadmaster, FalseDawn and michael like this.
  5. kclibman

kclibman Member

May 23, 2018
    San Pedro, CA
    OK, what is with the east coast and these great little peaks just offshore lately?! Makes me want to book my first EC trip out to surf...

6. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I had a pleasant little session on Monday morning. I had the morning off from work, so I got up for dawn patrol to see what was happening in the wave department. Thigh high with a few better once in a while -- not spectacular by any means, but still fun enough. I surfed with three different dudes -- first my usual DP buddy for about an hour, then a guy who is a bit of a local legend for a little while, then another coworker for another hour. It was great company, just shooting the shit and trading off waves. Such a great aspect to the sport of surfing: the ability to slow life down and have some time to catch up with buddies (or strangers) in between waves.

An interesting thought: There are so many parts to the surfing ritual -- checking the surf, waxing your board, the paddle out, etc. It never really dawned on me, but walk back up the beach with the board under your arm after your session is just as much of a part of the surfing ritual as anything else. It struck me while seeing each of these guys giving me a final wave while walking across the beach to go do whatever -- head into the office, meet up with his wife at the edge of the beach to go to breakfast, pick up his daughter up from morning dance class. A handful of waves later, I did the same, walking across the sand to go into work, feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day.

2018-06-25.jpg

7. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    3182C31C-DB5C-4D32-A70F-C577336B8C9A.png 173A60C7-DB95-4255-9223-7C7BDBB540FC.png 83FE795D-F713-41BC-BA11-FF1BBD6D161D.png Bolsa blues couple of peaks winds have been horrible though as of late

Attached Files:

8. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    I was out at Bolsa from 7-9 am, it was fun, decent amount of peaks coming through, relatively clean

9. deemce

deemce Active Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    Fun morning in NJ today. Got on it at 6am with only three out and an incoming tide. Super clear and warm water was a bonus. The sandbar at this break was working on the incoming and with only three of us, it ended up being "take one, paddle back out, take another right away, repeat" kind of day. The three of us traded waves for about an hour..... then it started to get crowded but still fun. Was a great summer day in a shorty suit that I could have done without and trunked it. Welcome Summer!!

Chilly Willy and shadydave like this.
  10. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA Massachusetts
    Surfed glassy waist with my teenage daughter in NH this morning. Perfect beach day... Got there early and left before it got too crazy.

She has had a bad year health-wise but is doing better now so it was a real treat to make a memory together. Milkshakes afterwards made for a sweet ride home.

We shared a Wavestorm (cough...cough) and a Roberts soft top. Actually got some fun ones on both. The Roberts is great - caught waves fine and could turn well.