How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    She’s working on it.we need a couple days of only lefts to force he to go backside. I woke up but stayed out too late last night. Had to get more than two hours sleep. I’m getting too old for party life.

Makawaosurfer93 likes this.
  2. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

Fun little early a.m. session before work today with my son. Sunny, beautiful morning with clean waist high lines. First time he's been back in the water since November. Psyched to be able to share waves and smiles with him again on such a nice day. Great way to start a day!

Lackosense and dingdong like this.
  3. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

20180619_230205.jpg Finished the day like we started it with a nice after work sunset session. Waves weren't as clean, but just as fun. Good times good times!

Salinity likes this.
  4. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    Yeah this looks fun as hell.

5. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I think you're going to have some good fun riding that nice little peak with the Flothru -- you guys are the next stop for it after NJ.

6. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Got up at O'Dark thirty and with the metrics in hand pulled the trigger. One hour and twenty minutes later a cold wet drizzle greeted me as a 10 kt West wind (onshore) drove a 3' swell to a dribble. Cold mush. Walked the beach which is always medicinal and then did a drive a lesser spot. Smaller but by that time the old back was locked up and I could not get stoked enough to hit 1' mush. But all in all a good time when one can get out and walk the beach, breath salt air and think about a friend you paddled his ashes out to his home break a year ago today. It was all good Jerry.

7. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Spent the day on base with Wounded Warrior Battalion on Family Day, waist to shoulder deep teaching newbies the basics of pop-ups and board handling. Many smiles, whoops, and happy faces. One of my favorite things is working with these young people along the way to their rehab. That's my stoke.

8. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    USA Florida
    The beach is out of reach for me right now. I'm at the Nashville VA Medical Center for 2 months undergoing a bone marrow/stem cell transplant so that my lymphoma will hopefully not come back for a third time! No worries, I'm in complete remission, it's just a "safety" measure at this point. Should be able to get back to making some fins by September but, won't be able to get back into the water until next spring.

Chilly Willy, R1H, Dawnpatrol and 8 others like this.
  9. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    Hang in there dingpatch. Always admired the fins you make. Can’t beat the price. Keep positive

10. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Thanks for checking in dingpatch. Rooting for you brother!