How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

20180604_185902_resized.jpg Wind switched during the day so I flew home from work and pulled into the beach to find this fun little swell. Much needed!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. newlyn

newlyn Active Member

Jul 20, 2013
    USA Pennsylvania
    I made a last minute decision to take the morning off yesterday as an early birthday present for myself and I headed to Ocean City, NJ. What a good decision! I haven't been in the water in a while and the weather and conditions were beautiful. Not big waves, but I caught a bunch of nice lefts and had a blast. There was a small crowd, but it seemed like there were enough waves to go around and good vibes on a Tuesday morning.

3. Gill

Gill Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Spring Lake Heights, NJ
    I missed yesterday morning, but jumped in right before dark last night here in nj.

Perfect waist high lefts coming thru... a few slightly bigger sets... perfect longboarding! Beautiful sunset, nice offshore breeze, crazy clouds in the sky with lightning to the south and north... just a nice time

2nd time riding a board I picked up back in the winter and have been repairing during the winter. A 64 10' 'hand shaped' Ventura surfboards... nice slightly piggy shape with a D fin... board rides perfect! Really stoked on the board!

Lackosense and 306Bing like this.
  4. Killafornia

Killafornia Active Member

Oct 1, 2009
  5. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I paddled out with a buddy yesterday into some sideshore slop with a little bit of size to the sets. It looked sloppy with lots of closeouts, so I opted for a boog. Lots of fun drops with the occasional makeable shoulder if you picked the right wave.

I had fun but was mostly stoked for everyone else: (1) My buddy was taking the maiden voyage on a new-to-him board, and after struggling for a few waves, really started to get the hang of it and was stoked by the end. (2) Some guy paddled up behind us on a Wavestorm (we heard the "squeak squeeeeeeggg squeakie" coming as he approached) and said, "It's my first time out, any pointers?" He was kind of sitting right on top of us, but we were pretty nice to him. I have to give him credit, he was trying some big drops and got totally tossed a few times, but he hung in there and kept going for it. The highlight was towards the end where two dolphin fins popped up within maybe 6-8 feet of us. He freaked out, asking us if those were dolphins or something else. A moment later, both dolphins popped their entire heads up out of the water in a way I've never really seen before, almost like they were greeting us -- you know how it always looks like they're grinning. That dude was stoked off his gourd! "I've never seen anything like that before!!! And so close!!!" It had to have been a perfect introduction to surfing for this guy. Pretty sure I'll definitely be seeing him out there again after that.

sightpoint, deemce, newlyn and 4 others like this.
  6. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Active Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    Most of the regular morning crew did not show up today, not sure why, it was predicted to be small. but it was real fun from 5am till 6:30am, tide came in and the winds went onshore. Rode Basenji703's old "not a real pig", pig. It may not be a real pig but it is real fun. Sequence of events; surf cam screen grabs

squence5:30.png

7. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA Massachusetts
    That's a nice little peak, there!

8. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    Winning

9. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Active Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    it is classic 1st street peak, just kind of small. this is right before the wind switched, that is "Beginner Girl" Emily behind me, nice person but needs to learn how to go backside

bturn.png

10. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    I love this set up.