How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Couch

Couch Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    surf today: Leadbetter Point, Santa Barbara...

1-2+ mostly sloppy wind swell but a few fun ones if you were patient on the outside. Had a huge dolphin surface about 15' away from me and thought I was done for! Huge water eruption and then a fin, but a nice George Greenough 4a template so I quickly realized I would surf again some day...water is warming up slowly and sand is filling back in nicely- got in 5 days last week on some fun West swell days.

deemce and Bighouse like this.
  2. dsquare

dsquare Active Member

May 16, 2013
    USA Hawaii
    Met up with DawnPatrol for a dawn patrol session at the jetty. It was nice to team up with someone from here. Best thing about the morning was being committed to being out so early, it feels good. 3-4 foot but a little random, water moving and the wind picked up. But it was pretty, not too cold, and got a couple rides in!

Thanks Tom!

3. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Great to meet up with ya Dave. Let's do it again if time permits. Take care.

dsquare and Ticowannabe like this.
  4. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Tom living up to his handle, no doubt on the road at o dark 30...showing once again why old guys rule... :)

dsquare, Ticowannabe and Dawnpatrol like this.
  5. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Toms a good guy and chatty ...even at DP

dsquare and Dawnpatrol like this.
  6. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    John, you think I'm chatty now at O'Dark thirty you should have known me before I switched to decaf coffee before a go out! LOL!:p

7. JMJackFish

JMJackFish Active Member

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    Good times this squirrely early morning with JohnNC at the pier trading off gliders. Cool to feel the difference in the Mabile Eagle, CC Chris Craft, and CC Glider. All so different.

Surfnfish, michael and miscreant like this.
  8. pintail

pintail Active Member

Feb 19, 2004
    LA, California
    Waist to chest high mixed swell, grabbed one of my favorites that I'd recently rewaxed. Yes, rewaxed but only had a thin veneer of basecoat and no topcoat, didn't bother to check, and wearing a slippery Yamamoto rubber wetsuit. Slipped off the front of the board paddling out, slipped off trying to duck dive, slipped off turning for a wave, got a nice fat lip on takeoff when both hands slipped off while popping up. Complete kookshow for the other 2 guys out. Managed one wave with careful attention to everything. I think this session was a "no-brainer".

Surfnfish and davey like this.
  9. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    feedback on the differences pls..

10. JMJackFish

JMJackFish Active Member

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    The Mabile has the most rocker of the three. It is also the only one set up as a 2+1. It is very versatile but seems to like a bigger wave to do it's thing.
    The glider is a rolly polly that turns from one specific spot on the board. It is the most unforgiving of the bunch. That said my friend Mike kills it on it.
    The Chris Craft turned the easiest of the lot in my opinion. It is the narrowest, but also has a more pronounced V than the others.
    All of them are a hoot and they each probably have their moments and riders that make them shine.

dingdong and Surfnfish like this.