How was your surf today?....share your stoke!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Cuttlefish, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Totally stoked! My buddy talked me into a pre-work surf this morning even though just about everything seemed to be working against us. I thought it would be okay, but not great. When we got there, we had the double whammy of darkness and heavy fog obscuring the view at our usual spot. We walked down to the beach to get a closer look and saw that a couple fisherman were planted right in the one and only spot that was breaking. Hrmph. We drove through the fog up the beach to the pier -- it was so foggy that I almost drove right past it. It looked a little better, but still too dark to tell. We suited up and paddled out and... wow! Getting into the lineup revealed a whole world of waves that weren't visible from the shore. Way better than I expected. I thought we'd get a few waist high ones at best, but there were some solid chest high sets rolling in. They weren't lining up as well as they were the other day -- more meandering rights and lefts with some closeouts -- but they were slicked off with a really nice foggy glass and really fun to ride. I am stunned. I thought for sure we were going to get skunked, but it turned out to be a fantastic way to start a Friday.

After the session:

20171103a.jpg

Igosurf, dingdong, jbb and 1 other person like this.
  2. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    headed to baja! Woot! that is all :D

3. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Say Hi! to Captain Seaweed, aka Bill for me Vinny. Hope ya get a SW pulse this late?

dingdong likes this.
  4. takedown

takedown Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    Dang, that's lame. I'd love to come back soon, trying to figure out something for December :)

5. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    We're wandering around on our own T, might drop by Bill's place though, so I'll definitely give him a hello from you if I see him

6. Stringer

Stringer Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Pretty fun dawn patrols lately. Hot Gen for the win.

0E8975F3-8194-4404-8699-727ACFBA1AAE.jpeg

7. Lackosense

Lackosense Active Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Nice one, glad to see her out and about!

8. TonyPR

TonyPR Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Puerto Rico
    Went to Camuy to check out Tim's house and measure the new roof we're gonna replace. Waist high peelers, surf mat style... first wave cute girl surfing a shortboard with a g-string on drops in on me, surfed it all the way behind her with no complains... after we kick out I tell her that if I would have had a camera it would have been an awesome video, she got it and smiled confident about her pretty butt... next wave I get a barrel all the way from deep outside... rode it all the way to casa de Tim and Christian... looking forward to Christmas... don't need Trump's permission to say "Feliz Navidad"...
    Love y'all!

nedsurf, michael and deemce like this.
  9. Left Coast 46

Left Coast 46 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    So Cal
  10. Left Coast 46

Left Coast 46 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    So Cal