How is the Surf on the Outer Banks in June?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by estcstsurfer, Apr 5, 2018.

1. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    It’s a fairly long (but beautiful) drive to Buxton and Frisco from Southern Shores. Plenty of spots to check along the way including right were you are staying. Enjoy the trip.

2. Basenji703

Basenji703 Active Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I can guarantee that the surf will be better than VaB....

Roadmaster likes this.
  3. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Gets more clean waves than just about anywhere on the east coast.

4. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I took a trip there once in June of 2004. I scoped out just about everywhere, and the waves were pretty much flat all around EXCEPT for a little sandbar that happened to be straight off the place I was staying in Kill Devil Hills. It would turn on mini waves good enough to have some fun on a twin keel fish for maybe 45 minutes to an hour depending on the tide. Perfect. Moral: Don't forget to check your local beach.

5. estcstsurfer

estcstsurfer Member

Aug 25, 2009
    USA Massachusetts
    That the plan, staying right on the beach so will see how it is right in front of the house

6. deemce

deemce Active Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    It can be very fickle in the summer. Got it once where it was knee to waist high and fun. Another time it was lake flat. One spot I wanted to try was S-Turns but never got my lazy ass off the beach and in the car for the ride from Corolla. Even though it is summer, bring a wetsuit top. On that knee to waist high day, we had upwelling and the water dipped to just above 60.

The beaches there are beautiful regardless. Have Fun!