Hilbers/Fineline new boards Stoke

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cuda, Nov 3, 2018.

1. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    This week I picked up a couple of new boards shaped by Brian Hilbers and glassed by the fine folks at Waterman's Guild. it's always such a relief opening up the box and seeing everything made it without mishap. Additionally, having waves forecast for the week ahead is a added bonus. Hopefully the forecast holds and I can get these in the water tomorrow.

I could not be more stoked to have Brian make me these(and others) His knowledge, skills and wit are legendary and its been interesting pushing ideas around with him getting the Ant III and the HOtGen dialed in for how i want to surf them.

these 2 new boards are redos of my earlier AntIII and HotGen. The primary goal is to maximize trim and flow characteristics at the shorter(est) range of the models' conceptual spectrum without any sacrifice to its strengths. Optimization. IMO these shapes represent next level midlengths. lulz, at least i like to tell myself

Super psyched to get these out this fall and see where the journey leads. Fun times.
    P1050626.jpg
    P1050637.jpg P1050633.jpg

2. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
  3. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Wow, both beautiful boards

Love the look of the Microant in particular, it appeals to me and I'm sure Brian had already fine tuned it a long time before other wide point-back hully boards were, uh, 'invented'.

BrazilButtNut likes this.
  4. billypilgrim

billypilgrim New Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Oh man. Both of those look amazing! Always wanted to get my hands on a Hot Generation and the yellow Micro Ant in the Mollusk, Venice looks like an awesome board.

5. poidog

poidog Active Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Cuda, lot of people on this forum have excellent board taste (i.e. same as mine haha) but yours is second to none.

Wade In The Waves and shadydave like this.
  6. CosmicSlop

CosmicSlop Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Thanks for sharing. It's great seeing the refinement happening over time.

Hilbers + Martz/Waterman's Family = Stoke

7. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts
    Those are sweet! What are the lengths?

8. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Active Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
  9. Planktom

Planktom Active Member