Here goes my first board build

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by SharkB8, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island

Great job. It takes courage to come out of the comfort zone and do something we have no f...g clue how to do it.
    First step is the hardest. Then you go back, review, and improve. That's how even JP started.
    May be we ll see SharkB8 logs in the future? who knows

2. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    So many lessons learned already. Few things I’ll do different on the next one. That’s kinda the reason why I did this as a test run. One of the biggest things I don’t like is how skinny the leash loop tie downs are. I think I used 10 strands of roving. I’ll double up on that. Also gloves are my new best friend. There are so many dirty prints. Oh well live and learn. I appreciate all the kind words. More pictures to come but as of now it’s sitting like this.

DJR likes this.
  3. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
  4. HerbB

HerbB Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    Nice.. how are the black borders done? And are they on the foam, on hot coat & glossed over?

5. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    I cheated on the pinlines. I used 1shot pinstripe paint. I’m in the auto collision business so I’m familiar with using it. It’s just on top so it’s easy to sand off and polish. Don’t know how well it will hold up. It’s little crooked too. Would have liked to made a thinner line but hiding a few blemishes. I highly recommend everyone trying this. Can’t wait to start the next one.