help picking a new surf vehic

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cuda, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
  2. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    Understood. My kid bought a house built in 1893. Wants a bit of stuff done too. I can do a deck and some other stuff. I won't touch replacing the windows even thoug I have done many before.

3. 70s SanO

70s SanO Active Member

Feb 16, 2004
    MIssion Viejo, California
    My 1999 Dodge Durango has finally got to go. It has 323k original miles and every two years I have to fight getting it smogged. It was one of the few SUVs I found where my road and mountain bikes could be put inside (upright with a fork mount).

My wife's sister-in-law sold us her garage kept 2010 Kia Sedona with 65K miles. It is anything but cool, but it will hold boards on top and bike inside. It's got power everything, which I really never liked because stuff breaks, but for less than $6K I couldn't pass it up. Only saving grace was being able to mount NOS Thule 415 mounts.

Kia Sedona Board - R1.jpg

John

Artz and Planktom like this.
  4. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Folks love those Kias over here too. They have a great rep.

5. ClassicRider

ClassicRider Active Member

Sep 22, 2014
    USA Washington
    This is my rig when we took a surf trip down to Baja this past Christmas and New years. But we are selling the topper since we are moving back home to Oahu.

Attached Files:

cheyneskeezer and longhairhippie like this.
  6. waveslider619

waveslider619 Active Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
  7. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    As you probably know, throw it up on Expedition Portal. If I still had a Ram, I would be sending you a PM. I couldn't get rid of mine fast enough though.

8. ClassicRider

ClassicRider Active Member

Sep 22, 2014
    USA Washington
    Its posted up there and I have been a long time member and contributor over at the expo portal and the events.

Wade In The Waves likes this.
  9. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    That's what I figured seeing the picture of your rig. It is a nice set up. Glad you dig yours. I bought mine with the same intentions, but I had a lot of issues with it unfortunately. It was a bummer, as I loved the Cummins and pretty much everything about the truck.

10. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    love my flip pac would love a gfc or at overland like yours good luck with sale someone will be very happy!

FE916917-51F9-4C3B-BBAE-49114489DE8A.jpeg