help picking a new surf vehic

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cuda, Aug 4, 2017.

1. PaulJensen

PaulJensen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA Washington
    Yes...

davey likes this.
  2. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Nice job. I am going to guess you made the top yourself? It looks different than the others out on the market. I have been hunting for a new rig to do an overland build with for a while. I wish the Jeep platform would work, but unfortunately won’t. Nice job though, seriously.

3. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Paul, you did another great job on that one. I've seen what you've done to the innards of many a Sprinter as well and your work is pretty mind-blowing. Congrats on this one; not anything unneeded and every square inch utilized wisely.

4. Clomics

Clomics Active Member

Nov 5, 2012
  5. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Active Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    Jeepster Commando, rare pick-up version, my beach ride on the outer banks, early 80's

jeepster.jpg

shadydave, JMJackFish and Bighouse like this.
  6. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    just picked up this pristine 2004 Suburban, fully loaded, with only 85K miles on it. Outfitting it for fun trips..tow our boat to a fave trophy rainbow mountain lake in June, surf trips up and down the coast, Glacier National Park in early fall. Huge fan of 2003 - 2006 Tahoe's and Suburban's, this is my 6th.
    sub.jpg

shadydave likes this.
  7. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Finally somebody who likes real trucks:cool: great find.

8. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    lol...daily driver a 03' Z-71 Tahoe with mild lift so I don't drag the chassis going over the sand dunes to my favorite breaks, give me more freeboard when launching my skiff into the local rivers...can stick a 10'0, 9'0 and 8'0 inside the Tahoe, 2x that in the Sub..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 3:53 PM
    shadydave likes this.