help picking a new surf vehic

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cuda, Aug 4, 2017.

1. zippy

zippy Member

Mar 24, 2008
    USA New Jersey
  2. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I owned the same vehicle years ago when my kids were small. It was great.
    Basic maintenance and it will run forever. Weak points: engine power...unless its got the turbo. AC...but very fixable,Volvo leather in the 900 series sucked but if you babied it with Lexol routinely it lasted OK.

Easy to work on. Eeuroparts and FCP Groton have all you need fast.
    Safe "brick", real rain gutters for real roof racks. Tons of room inside especially with seats down.

3. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
  4. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

5. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    ac95 likes this.
  6. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Bring a trailer is awesome. I was bummed to miss out on the end of the auction for a Callaway Corvette. I saw that and decided I was finally going to buy my dream car and then missed the end of the auction because I was at an appointment that ran over. Errrrrrr. There are some fantastic deals to be had on there.

7. ac95

ac95 Active Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Los Angeles,California

It’s inter-web crack!

PeakMaster likes this.
  8. houseofsuffering

houseofsuffering Active Member

Nov 1, 2005
    XXX
    Kinda curious for local jammers opinion: leased a truck for the past couple years. Tacoma Pre-Runner and have liked it a lot. Lease is almost up and deciding whether to actually go in and buy or shoot for something with 4WD. We've had some pretty easy winters the past few years. While I'd love 4wd for getting to swell through the snow, would a good pair of snow tires and loading up the bed of the truck help any with the pre-runner? It's rear wheel which is shit in the snow, but if it's only a handful of times I'm using it during the year, not sure what's the best move to keep the cost down. Any thoughts?

9. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    4wd..don't need it until you do, and than it's damn good to have..also, if you ever plan on hitting the snow or drive on beaches...amortize the extra cost of the 4wd over the length of having the rig, maybe a couple hundred a year..? Personally rarely buy new, usually get something a few years old with under 30,000 miles for a significant discount from what it went out the door at, and still have the remainder of the factory warranty on it..