Harbour Banana..?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Just found a 9'8 for sale, 2 hour drive to check it out..will be used mostly for cruising summer beachbreak...smaller days on the reefs in Santa Cruz now and then..

feedback from those who have ridden them..?

2. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Never ridden one but it would not have to be magic to ride better than that Infinity. Just IMO (of course)

PeakMaster likes this.
  3. 70s SanO

70s SanO Active Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA California
    Haven't ridden one, but it is a little more performance oriented with hard rails on the tail and the HP1 is the fun if choice. Harbour used to have an active forum (Surftalk), but it has all but gone away. 15 years ago there were tons of posts on the Banana. I took a quick look and found this thread. Maybe it will help.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/harboursurfboards/banana-san-o-riders-your-thoughts-t1458.html

I don't think the Infinity Stylemaster is one of Steve's porker railed boards. I've seen a few nice looking old school looking boards at the shop, but not sure which model.

John

4. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    [QUOTE=" I took a quick look and found this thread. Maybe it will help.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/harboursurfboards/banana-san-o-riders-your-thoughts-t1458.html

I don't think the Infinity Stylemaster is one of Steve's porker railed boards. I've seen a few nice looking old school looking boards at the shop, but not sure which model.

John[/QUOTE]

thanks, guys appreciate the feedback, ran across that tapatalk thread last night along with a few others. Tim Stamps was the shaper who refreshed the Banana design for Harbour, and am a big fan of Tim's boards...just ordered a 9'3 Comp Model from Tim, through my surf shop of choice who is now handling his boards.

Think I'm going to have to make the drive and pick up this 9'8 Yellow Banana..per Harbour the refreshed Banana is considered the performance model in their cruiser lineup, pretty much what I'm looking for..
    [​IMG]

SeniorGrom and shadydave like this.
  5. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    That Harbour is quantum leaps beyond tha Infinity.

6. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA Massachusetts
    I had a 9 6 for a year or so. Shaped by Stamps. Was an excellent all-arounder. Great paddler and fast trimmer that could turn. I loved the nose channel - no loss of speed and turnable from up front.

I'd get another.

Surfnfish likes this.
  7. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    A 1967 Bananna Model was my second board. Custom ordered 9’10” clear with a TBand, high density foam tailblock, and glassed in Yater template fin. SN 4822 ordered 4/13/67. Can’t tell you much about how it rode because by the time I got it longboards were OVER! A beauty. Of course I rode it but not for long.

michael likes this.
  8. jtsfla

jtsfla New Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I have an original as well. T band and tail block. Nose is pretty narrow compared to the modern one.

9. Jook

Jook Member

May 6, 2005
    USA
    I rode a Banana a few times... good cruiser, got in waves easy... I had some nasty nosedive/ catching an edge while getting to the nose...

10. Gundapickle

Gundapickle New Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Mass
    Do the nose channels impede nose riding?