Gene and Lance have begun making V-bottoms

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by FirstPointEric, Feb 5, 2018.

1. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016

Why so triggered Colin?

My talking about Lance Collins on this thread has nothing personal to do with you or a misspelling from an iPhone interaction. It speaks more to the absurdity of the platform we all hold so dear to us.

Seriously? Who cares?

Boards are boards regardless of who thought about them, or what was thought about them, or who shaped them, or who talked about them online, or what laminate is on them.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Yep. All I was psyched about was seeing Gene and Lance making boards together.

northbeachboy likes this.
  3. miscreant

May 20, 2016

A fair thing to be psyched on.

None of my comments are intended to be particularly supportive or nefarious. They are just an objective genuine inquiry.

Now there is talk of playing pocket pool in public.

4. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I'm calling BS. If it was a genuine inquiry it would have been asked directly to those who have all of your answers (Gene and/or Lance).

5. miscreant

May 20, 2016

Check your messages.

6. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Latest one that Gene posted on IG looks wild

7. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Active Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    I can’t wait to pick mine up! Out of all the boards I’ve owned genes have been the nicest in quality and durability. He’s also always been very good to me and always kept in touch. I love checking in on his insta!

8. northbeachboy

northbeachboy Member

Aug 16, 2004
    USA California
    The fact that both Lance and Gene are sharing their expertise and knowledge and have chosen to enlist the craftsmanship and enthusiasm of Adam Davenport in collaboration, speaks volumes for the the stoke and brotherhood of surfing...

shadydave likes this.
  9. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Come on miscreant let’s hear about how super stoked you are. We are all curious if you could get jazzed about cool collaborations and express support. Or maybe just start a thread about whether V Bottom surfboards justify ones existence.......or maybe a poll...or a spreadsheet with trending data.

10. applekat

applekat Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    For the record, SG...I recently procured a high-end, hand-crafted 9'6 board bag from "Into Blue & Green".

Artisan craft.

Ran me near $300...but I was told Laird ran his fingers along the stitching & snickered with girlish delight.

I thought I heard him murmur "...I've seen tighter cinches in Kalama's mom's something-something..."

I understand she staunchly disapproved of c-sections...

Not to mention, Machado would later text me asking me why my name is suddenly coming up over fireside jokes on the north shore.

I now stare at this bag...and whisper to myself..."what a great collab."

image.png

NoseRideTheWhip and Lackosense like this.