FS: 8' Mitsven Fishsimmons, 9' Velzy, 6'6" Bonzer, and more ...

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Nilus, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Nilus

Nilus Active Member

Jun 30, 2008
    The garage is overflowing and more boards will be coming in so I'm trying to clear the following out. Couple are already on CL at higher prices, but the better stuff is getting listed here first for a few days. I'll try to put up some more pics if I get a chance and I can PM for more info/questions/etc. All of these are located in Santa Barbara and pick up or board trains would be preferred.

8' Mitsven Fishsimmons (wooden tri). This was a custom for Vet and has made the rounds. I love the board but the days I used to take it out are now getting hogged by a new longfish.

Condition: Had some repairs before I got it, including a very nice one on the trailing fin. I also had a few other things cleaned up that needed to be done, along with a few snackles of my own. Just rode it at Rincon a few days ago and then stripped the wax. $400.

9' Velzy modern classic (singlefin). Bought this new in 1997 or 1998. No signature. Probably shaped by Jim Phillips.

Condition: Some repairs over the years, including a fin box replacement. Pressures on the top and a few decent ones on the bottom. A great riding board but redundant with a new 9'2 I recently got. $400

6'6" Campbell Bros 5-fin Bonzer (glass sidebites, center box). Bumped into Malcolm two weeks ago when I happened to have this board in the car. Showed it to him and he was stoked. Said it's basically a Shelter model but with a bit more 1990s in the dims than current iterations. Got this in a trade a long time ago and have never gotten around to surfing it myself. It would be a step up board for me, but a fun everyday performance shortboard for someone a little bigger.

Condition: Thing has been used, and has a few less-than-pro repairs. Malcolm was surprised it had lasted this long ... gave it a few taps ... and declared it ready to shred some more. For the center fin, I can throw in something pretty good but I don't have the actual Bonzer) $150.

5'6" Clyde Beatty soft top (2 +1). I bought this thing for my 9-year-old daughter over the summer. She basically used it a handful of times and progressed enough that she now only rides CI thrusters. (To be clear, I'm not attributing that success to the Beatty or my genes.)

Condition: It has a few scars and scrapes, and some ugly wax on the deck. It is perfect for groms or even adventurous adults. $450 new. $225.

Attached Files:

japsom, sightpoint and JMJackFish like this.
  2. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Oh Man. I wish it wasn't a fortune to get that Mitsven shipped out to me. I loved that board. Some great deals here.

3. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    can I get the dims on the 8'0 Mitsven long fish? thanks

4. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    If you were still back east, I'd snag that Mitsven in a second. Good deal.

5. McQuad

McQuad Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Fernandina beach
    What's the width and thickness on the bonzer? Would you be willing to toss it in a bag and drop at Amtrak?

6. Wade In The Waves

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Would they allow two boards in a box for Amtrak? If so, I will split shipping with Justin and buy the Mitsven.

7. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    That Mits is legit. Wish I still had it.

8. McQuad

McQuad Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Fernandina beach
    They will and it looks like I may be working a deal with another NC forum member so getting the board to you will not be a problem

9. m8r

m8r Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    NC
    Oh that Mitsven....

10. Wade In The Waves

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Well, if this works out, I will own it a second time and you know where to find it.