((FlipVille))

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by BrazilButtNut, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I sold Zippy the SWT (II) for my same purchase price as well -- straight pass through. I may not have turned a profit (not my goal anyway), but here's what I gained: a lot of great experiences. #1: I got to try out a board that I was very curious about and had a great time doing so over the many sessions I had on it. #2: I got to paddle out with @Makawaosurfer93 one summer afternoon and had a great session in which we swapped boards to see how the SWT and SWT-II compared to one another. #3: When I sold it to Zippy, he was so stoked about the price that he brought me a little box of locally made cookies/treats from one of the shops near him. Super cool of him, and my wife and I had a great time digging into them. #4: I've enjoyed seeing the board make its way through several other owners and have enjoyed comparing notes on the ride with people that have owned it. All this for basically $0. Sold! Consider me stoked.

That's not to say you can never sell a board for more than you bought it for. Heck, maybe sometimes you should. But in my experience, I have profited just as much or maybe more by doing the pass-through to share the stoke with someone else who is going to go ride the board (not just instantly resell it).

2. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    walkingtheplank likes this.
  3. billypilgrim

billypilgrim Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Los Angeles
    BrazilButtNut likes this.
  4. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    IMO, legit seller and a legit retail price.

BrazilButtNut and kclibman like this.
  5. BrazilButtNut

BrazilButtNut Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Ventura, CA