First time on a Liddle...

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Planktom, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    7'6" Hawaiikine in Cali dims in headhigh lined-up long sandbar waves + strong offshore.

Wow... addictive.

Need advice on the fin set up though please? Currently has a Kumano system click-in volan 9.5 centre with a L flex template, albeit slightly wider in the base, set about 12.5in from the tail (had a mess about in between sets and this felt right). Side boxes (small FU?) are empty and taped off at the moment, but would like to get all 3 fins set up for bigger surf.

So - maybe a slightly stiffer 8in centre and 3.5/4in dbl foil sides? I see they are set up in line for many HK riders, but may be wrong...

2. Malibootay

Malibootay Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Newport/West Hills
    I'd say where ever the fin feels best for you is the best. Everyone rides hulls a little differently in my experience, and each template is going to ride differently. That fin system is pretty sweet for hulls to play around with in the water. I think you could reach out to kirk putnam and he'd tell you what fin is best for that template, if you search around you could find his email online.

3. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Thanks MB, yes those bearing-system fins are brilliant and I think I have sussed placement for the bigger single I mentioned...

I'll get KP's email and see what he says re: the 3-fin set up and go from there...

Cheers!

Malibootay likes this.