Finding Bonzer Fins

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by japsom, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. japsom

japsom Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    USA California
    Looking for Fletcher Chouinard/Patagonia removable fins for a 5 fin bonzer.

I have the center fin and 2 inside fins. Does anyone know where to find additional fins (or even what they're called?

The kind with a hole through the deck.

Just scored a 7'2 FCD bonzer in need of a little tlc and itching to to get it repaired and ridden.

I did email fcd but asking here in case anyone has some they could get rid of.

Thanks!

2. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Red X fin system is what you've got there! Old school but bullet proof reliable. Sometimes they're called bonzer runners, or bonzer side fins. I've got them in my 6'7 CB bonzer5.
    As far as extras or a set? You can got to the Source- they look like they're still up and running. They aren't site listed but I would imagine they've got some.

http://www.redxfins.com/index.html

Or hit up JP at SurfySurfy. They have ALL kinds of bonzer fins running about.

My .02? Get a full set - new or used - and save those extras as extras.

Now throw up some pics of that FCD Bonzer - for fin authenticity purposes of course - and let's see what you scored. You're Stoked too, cause those FCD's are tough as nails, fast as hell, and Fletcher has legit bonzer cred!
    Rad score man!

Planktom likes this.
  3. japsom

japsom Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    USA California
    Sweeeeeeeet. Thanks! I'll post pics this weekend after i get a couple repairs done. Should clean up nice though.

4. japsom

japsom Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    USA California
    Thanks again for your help. Heres a pic after a good bit of tlc. It's been neglected but looks like it should ride just fine. Hopefully the forecast delivers this week to take it out for a spin. 20180114_115743_HDR.jpg

5. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    SCORE! Got a close up shot of the dims and glassing schedule in that little Patagonia info they're oh so famous for?
    Killer board man. Nice pull here.

6. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Call Bashams in San Clemente. I bet they have some. That or Used Surf over there.

7. japsom

japsom Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    USA California
    Tried there but didn't have them. If i can ride it i might have to get a new full set from red x who had them in stock.