fin feedback..?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

curious about the Harbour HP LB fin, as well as the True Ames Greenough Stage 6.
    Any feedback from those who have tried them..?

2. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I had a 10” Harbour HP for several years. Sold to another member some time back. I had hoped it would help me get planted on the tip for long noserides. It had a little too much ‘wag’ for me and I never used it on a HP longboard. My vintage Rick UFO has one similar, a glass-on and works better on that board.

Surfnfish likes this.
  3. DanSan

DanSan Active Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    I would ask bruce fowler about the greeno fin..
    He uses it alot wjth his boards..i believe..

4. Macilious

Macilious Active Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Not 100% sure, but I think I have the HP Harbor - haven't used it - I think the one I have is a white 9.5"

Here is my limited knowledge of GG Stage 6
    - it seems to work in V'd boards. Infinity V cluster is why I bought it. I rode one in a V Cluster for a long time. I think it was a 9'6" board and a 9.75 fin. Great fin and I'm looking forward to trying it at some point in V8.
    -Great for smooth drawn out turns, not pivots. Once you get the feel, it really whips you around some nice sweeping turns... but if you hit too hard it "anchors". You'll feel a "TWANG" and just stop. This happened to me after a decent drop, I'd hit it turn too hard with too much speed and stall. I'm sure a better surfer could adapt to it.

I got the GG Stage 6 to help me nose ride. I didn't find it a great fin for nose riding. The Josh Q nose rider and fat based fins (D fins) seem to be better nose riders with turns being more pivot them sweeping.

Surfnfish likes this.